Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes?
  Yes!
  No. D:
View Results

MjauZi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:01 am
'Kay, so I've been thinking of getting my inner conch pierced, and where else to go with my questions than here? :D

What gauge should I get it at?
How bad does it hurt? O_o;
Will it heal completely if I take it out later, or will there be like... a hole there? xD
Will it affect the piercing if I wear earphones like these: [x]?
What are the chances of problems if I get perfume/saliva (Lol, nibbling and playing.) or something there before it's healed? xD
What do I need to think about before I get it pierced?

:D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:25 am
In response to your questions:

What gauge should I get it at? I have mine pierced at 1.6mm, you can find plently of charts on the net to help you change that into ga if that's the measurement you go by.
How bad does it hurt? O_o; This is a tricky one. Of course it'll hurt, but I can honestly say mine felt nothing more like a hot pressure on my ear. Basically painless for a cartilage piercing. However, usually they are rather painful so I've been told
Will it heal completely if I take it out later, or will there be like... a hole there? xD It all depends on your body as to how quickly it'll heal up. It also depends on the age of the piercing.
Will it affect the piercing if I wear earphones like these: Haha, not at all! Infact, if you wear a barbell/labret you can wiggle the ball around and feel it bumping on the headphone biggrin I love doing that xd .
What are the chances of problems if I get perfume/saliva (Lol, nibbling and playing.) or something there before it's healed? xD Unfortunatly I can't really say anything about that.
What do I need to think about before I get it pierced? Well you'll want to get it pierced with some form of stud at first, as a ring may cause too much pressure/movement which may aggravate the piercing. You may also need help to clean the back of the stud as you can't clean it as effectivly as the front. Also, if you decide to wear a ring be careful whilst brushing hair etc.  

Cross Eyed Mary

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:24 pm
What gauge should I get it at?
Depends on what you want, really. So there's not much I feel I can say here.

How bad does it hurt? O_o;
My friend had her done and it was very painful for her. If I ever get them done it will be a 0g punch and I figure that will hurt like hell as well. But not everyone says that. I dunno, I think it's generally a more painful piercing though.

Will it heal completely if I take it out later, or will there be like... a hole there? xD
Depends on the gauge you get it done at and when you take the jewellery out.

Will it affect the piercing if I wear earphones like these: [x]?
I wouldn't wear them while it's healing, but you can test it out once it's healed. If it's always getting irritated then I don't think it would be good, but if it's a nice healed piercing that can take the contact, no worries.

What are the chances of problems if I get perfume/saliva (Lol, nibbling and playing.) or something there before it's healed? xD
You could irritate it or get saliva bacteria in there and possible end up with an infection. Which could possibly end up in death, but that's highly unlikely and I'm sure you would go to the doctor before that happened. lmao

What do I need to think about before I get it pierced?
If you're ready to deal with it taking a loooong time to heal.  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games