Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW PLOT IDEAS,ADVICE AND ARGUMENTS. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:02 pm
I for one am fascinated with your ideas. They are amazing and in my opinion are fitting into Goodkind's world of magic and how it works. They are a well balanced creature and now a name for them would be good.

As far as the character profile that you invented, it is a fantastic character and race of beings that have definately been changed from what our characters know of the world. If we can continue on with the story line, I will be bringing Lophus and Amara through the Sliph in the People's Palace and have him begin researching the history of D'Hara with Nathan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:11 pm
Thanks for the support Lophus, i appreciate it.

Seeing as though that the Rp is dead adn not showing any real sign s of coming back, I think i might just continue to use this space for notes of my own.

<><><> MORE NOTES FROM THINGS THAT I PONDER IN MY HEAD! LET THE CREATIVE JUICES FLOW! <><><>

Another thing i have for a long time contemplated, are Wizards above Zedd's level. yes, you know what i mean. Wizards of the Zero Order. i don't really have much to jot down right now, just the simple concept.

Zero Order Wizards can have been ranked after First, Second, and Third Order Wizard ranks had already been established. Long long long ago before even the Great War, when the ranks of Wizards were created. Origionally there were just the three ranks, but around the time that the War came around, and things got more or more heated and things of all kinds of power were being created, they realized they needed yet another rank -- Wizards who were the most powerful of all and could command armies of even Wizards and magical creatures >> Wizards of the Zero Order.

During the war, it was insane. People of all kinds were dying left and right. Soldiers of course, civillians, people who were being created into creatures of magic were often killed in the process, many wizards died and even some Zero Order wizards. Some where in the middle of the War, Zero Order wizards, who possessed the most knowledge and power of all and often even Prophetic abilities saw what was coming and the results of the war. So they fled to the South, beyond the ocean. Once as many who could be brought over -- without bringing the war to the distant lands -- were brought over, they destroyed the only routes. With magic of terrible power and ability, all access to the lands of Rondolin were cut off and lost.

In the new lands, they built up a new society, free from the war back in the lands of D'Hara.

((on another note i just had another thought. in Rondolin, Sorceresses could be ranked too. How? I don't know. Could be the same way, with more or less classes/orders or it could be by color, letter, greek letters, etc. LOL, RANDOM interruption thought!!))

But, yeah. This is just the concept of Zero Order Wizards who, obviously, would have all the requirements of a First Wizard, but in addition, also required to have full mastery of Subtractive as well as Additive, and maybe a little more. Maybe a requirement could be that you have to have some special other ability in addidtion to the two sides of magic, such as Prophets, Earth Benders, Summoners, Storm Masters, etc.

***Remember, i am thinking only in the world of Terry Goodkind, so while i use names like "Earth Benders" or "Summoners," do not relate them to things like Avatar: The Last Airbender or like a "summoner" from Final Fantasy games. While the concept i am thinking of might be similar, it is not the same thing***

Your thoughts and comments are encouraged. I like being original, so if you can think of anything that hasn't been done before, or ways to improve my concepts, please feel free to say something.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 am
I have an extremely basic map of the lands that, collectively, are known as Erindurea. It was something that, back in middle/high school (before i got busy with college and work), I drew up with the intention of creating my own world. I even started writing history and background, and explanations of cities, lands, government, magics, and people. But i bet if i looked at it now, i would be quite disappointed in myself, lol.

But, i could scan my map and put it up so you might have a better idea of what I'm talking about. I might even add some to it and add more thought to it and its story.

But like i said, its VERY basic. Please don't be over critical.

P.S. Its a big map.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 am
<><><><>ABOUT PROPHECY<><><><>

This set of notes is not in relation to anything like the rest of what I've posted. This, in fact, is more of my thoughts dwelling in concepts in from the Sword of truth series as it exists. This set is my thoughts on prophecy.

First and foremost, why do Prophets exist? Is it their goal to interpret an understand prophecy? Or is it only that, through them, prophecy can exist in the world, because they are the 'receivers' and the ones that write down the prophecies that come to them. If it wasn't for them, prophecy would not exist, right? Or would it?

Here's a concept that came to me: prophecy is a living entity, an entity that lives in or as apart of magic. Magic, in a sense, is a life force, correct? But it bases its existence through people.

Magic exists only in and through people. Only once, say, a wizard casts a spell out, does it exist on its own, outside the body of a physical entity (be it man, or dragon, for example). Some spells, like wizards fire are only meant to exist on its own for a short amount of time. Other spells, like the one around the Palace of the Prophets, are cast out and built up to exist on its own for a very long (sometimes indefinate) amount of time. Its only purpose then, it what the spell is designed to do, so in a sense it is alive.

Now, I believe prophecy to be a living entity, like magic, but a seperate branch of magic. I don't believe the purpose of prophecy existing in the world to be for us to figure out. That would be a paradox of itself. If we can interpret and predict a prophecy (the future) then, 9/10 times, we will end up completely changing the future by reacting to what we know will happen. Then the prophecy cannot exist.

But it does exist, and it does happen through a Prophet via visions, and it does get recorded and written down. Which means that it exists to us for a reason. But why then, if we aren't supposed to and cannot figure it out?

Because it is a warning; an alert. While, we know something will happen, and that it is unchangeable, we can take precautions, or more directly preparations. While it is never specific enough to tell us Who What When Where and How, it tells us enough to get a very rough idea of Who What and When. Prophecy wants to help us to prepare, but not to alter, the future.

For example, say a prophecy lets us know war or something is coming. Is it avoidable? No. Can we stop it? No. Why? Because the prophecy has already stated that it will happen. BUT, we can prepare, and make it a little easier for us. Prophecy wants us to survive. Prophecy -- magic -- needs us to survive.

In this way, the Palace of the Prophets was a complete failure in its own purpose. It existed to study, interpret, and understand prophecy, something which is impossible. Because of this, it brought many terrible things to world while it was in fact trying to do the opposite. But it didn't realize that itself was the problem. Richard saw this almost instantly, and ultimately ended the Palace (though it wasn't his intention).

I will end here, as class is over and i have to go, but more notes will follow.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas