Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:31 am
I just got the September 07 issue of Shojo Beat, and they're releasing Arina-sensei's manga I-O-N in April 2008. ^-^ It's only going to be one volume long, but the summary sounds interesting. I'd actually never heard of the manga before now, and I was wondering if there're a lot of lesser known Tanemura manga. Could anyone tell me about some series that haven't made it to America yet?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:12 am
Let's see...here's a list of all her works, according to good ole Wikipedia:

I-O-N
Kanshaku-dama no Yūutsu (Firecracker is Melancholy) - one volume of oneshots
Kamikaze Kaitō Jeanne
Time Stranger Kyoko
Full Moon o Sagashite
Ginyū Meika - one-shot (bonus in Volume 2 of Full Moon o Sagashite)
Shinshi Doumei Cross
Shoujo Eve Ringo Jikan no 24 ji - one-shot (Ran in May 2007 Ribon Bikkuri Issue/August 2007 Shojo Beat)

I-O-N is licensed by Viz, as are TSK, FM, SDC, and Firecracker is Melancholy; and KKJ is licensed by CMX.

So we actually will have all of Arina's work in English soon enough.

kel aka gandy

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:21 pm
Yup, I heard about all of Arina's works being released by Viz (*sigh* I still wish they had made it in time to get to Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne first) on the internet, so I wasn't shocked when I saw about ION in the magazine like I was for Shojo Eve.

I can't wait for Time Stranger Kyoko, because there was that one chapter (Chapter 9 I think) that the translation wasn't all that great for. *Sigh* But anyways, I'm super psyched for ION and Kyoko, the "Firecracker Melancholic" as I've heard it's going to be released as I'm looking forward to as well, but It doesn't matter at all really...I've already read them all.

But it's official now Viz had "adopted" Arina, which means we can expect all of her works to make it over to the US. Now, if only Viz would bring the KKJ anime over. I didn't like the anime that much, but I still want the DVDs...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:17 pm
Thanks! I'm glad that all of her works are going to be in the US (hopefully soon). mrgreen  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wordwok

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:27 pm
I can't wait for them to come out. ^-^

Also for Time Stranger Kyoko. I heard about it so much. ^-^' 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:35 pm
kel aka gandy
Let's see...here's a list of all her works, according to good ole Wikipedia:

I-O-N
Kanshaku-dama no Yūutsu (Firecracker is Melancholy) - one volume of oneshots
Kamikaze Kaitō Jeanne
Time Stranger Kyoko
Full Moon o Sagashite
Ginyū Meika - one-shot (bonus in Volume 2 of Full Moon o Sagashite)
Shinshi Doumei Cross
Shoujo Eve Ringo Jikan no 24 ji - one-shot (Ran in May 2007 Ribon Bikkuri Issue/August 2007 Shojo Beat)

I-O-N is licensed by Viz, as are TSK, FM, SDC, and Firecracker is Melancholy; and KKJ is licensed by CMX.

So we actually will have all of Arina's work in English soon enough.

I had absolutely no idea she had that many out...  

Eskimo~Bunnie

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 pm
Eskimo~Bunnie
I had absolutely no idea she had that many out...

We actually have a sticky with all this information right here in the guild... Who is Tanemura Arina?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:13 am
OMG biggrin they're coming out in america (not that it matters that much since i read ALL of them [except the one shot] online...)

well... they always look better when you actually have it in print XP

I-O-N is interesting, but she could've done a bit more w/ it (well... it's only 1 volume so ehh..) I liked it tho, but it's not my fave...

o ya... fyi- Ion is the main character's name... biggrin I thought that the whole story would revolve around ions... but i was wrong ^.^  

dreamstar_123

Marusera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 am
I prefer more known Tanemura's series, because I like longer manga, which have a lot of volumes^^ But I read her shorter series, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm
I believe the one you call "Firecracker is Melancholy" or "Firecracker Melancholic" has already been released under the name "Short-tempered Melancholic"

...I've seen it in my bookstore.
sweatdrop  

Bishie Akuma

kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:18 pm
Bishie Akuma
I believe the one you call "Firecracker is Melancholy" or "Firecracker Melancholic" has already been released under the name "Short-tempered Melancholic"

...I've seen it in my bookstore.
sweatdrop

Ah, yeah it is. :] Firecracker is Melancholy is what it's called in all the scanlations, but the official English/Viz translation of the title is Short-Tempered Melancholic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:48 pm
It's so nice to finally own a lot of these. Especially TSK. heart  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items