Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
~The Hannibal Lecter Series~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Public Pervert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:45 pm
Hannibal Lecter: Doctor. Cannibal. Genius.

Better known as Hannibal The Cannibal, this prestigious book series by Thomas Harris is an awesome trip into the nooks and crannies of a mind of one of the greatest doctos ever. His best known debut in Silence of The Lambs, where he was confronted many times by FBI-agent-in-training Clarice Starling.

I just happened to have finished Hannibal Rising, and I found it amazingly pretty: Quite diffrent from what I was expecting. All the details put into the plot line were simply astounding: Another winning for Mr.Harris, hmm? I alsmost cried in the begginning D:

Feed me a spoon:
~ Hannibal Lecter
~ Red Dragon/Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal/Hannibal Rising
~ What got you into the series?
~ Anything relating to this at all.

It's just about midnight, hence I don't have much to say right now o__o Err, sorry if this is a repeat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:25 pm
the only book I've read by Harris is Silence, I want to read the other ones though. I read Silence before I saw the movie, so when I actually saw the movie, I was pretty disappointed. But I suppose that for a movie from a book, it was pretty good... I've seen all the other movies, though, just not the older version of Red Dragon.

P.S. I think you might wanna take off the points to discuss, though. I think it's against the rules and the thread'll be locked.

Aakiyana

CLmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:42 pm
I personally thought the only good one was Silence of the Lambs.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:50 pm
read the rules you can't put a 'discuss' list.  

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Cherry Choo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 pm
Maybe replace the discuss list with a question?

I thought Hannibal rising was quite insightful as a prelude. I definitely found the books entertaining but as I've seen all the films I can't imagine anyone else but Anthony Hopkins playing Hannibal. Tis insane indeed.

@Aakiyana:
Older film version of Red Dragon was 'Manhunter', although the original film was based on the book "Red Dragon".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:58 pm
Greta Von Gash
Maybe replace the discuss list with a question?

I thought Hannibal rising was quite insightful as a prelude. I definitely found the books entertaining but as I've seen all the films I can't imagine anyone else but Anthony Hopkins playing Hannibal. Tis insane indeed.

@Aakiyana:
Older film version of Red Dragon was 'Manhunter', although the original film was based on the book "Red Dragon".
Ah. What did you think of Gaspard Ulliel's performance as the young Hannibal? I think that it was pretty good, but nothing can top Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal.  

Aakiyana

Edwin Armando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:01 pm
i love th movies and the books are pretty sweet  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm
User ImageIt May Sound Like Me...User Image

I love Red Dragon and I think it's pretty neat how it ends with part of Silence of the Lamb

The actor who plays Hannibal is a genius

User Image...But I'm A Little Bluer Than That.User Image

~.x.Shoeless.Doom.x.~

Shrii

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 pm
I actually, just finished Watching Hannibal rising about three minuets ago. I thought it was good, but not the best. It did make me sad at the beginning ;_;.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:28 pm
Where the hell did Pervert go?
*locks her unattended thread*

Pailzor
Captain

[MADG]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items