Submit

Bad idea?
  YES don't do it!
  No you should be fine.
  I have no idea
View Results

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:46 pm
I'm guessing drinking heavily BEFORE a tatoo is a horrible idea, but does anything happen if you get a tattoo and THEN go drinking? will it affect healing maybe? I ask because i want to get my frist tattoo on my 18th birthday, but i also plan on going to a bar that night (18 is the legal drinking age here)

So is this a bad idea?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:07 am
Drinking thins the blood so you bleed a bunch more than you would if you haven't been drinking. I'm a bit of a heavy drinker so I do bleed a lot more than others when I get tattoos but my tattoos heal fine. And most reputible tattoo artist won't tattoo you if your drunk.  

Kingshortpants

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:52 pm
If you are sober when it is getting done, you should be fine.
But what would be a good idea is eather try not to drink alot, or schedual your tattoo a few days later.
If you are going to be drunk you will bump it, you will possably lymph more then usuall causeing the scabbing to be a but worse.
Depends how soon after the tattoo you start drinking.

I would just say limit yourself that night...you just dont want to bump it, fall on it, get it dirty at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:38 pm
yeah bumping it is a good point. it would be a few hours old when i go out to celebrate. the problem with this now is that i cant get it any earlier then a few hours (because then i'll still be 17 and can't sign for it and i'm not bringing my mommy with me razz ) and i cant do it after becase obviously problems with drinking and whatnot, so i'd have to wait at least a few days sad argg can't decide now. we shall see pirate  

[NUTs]

Brynn Darling

Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:39 am
so your artist is working really hard to put that ink under your skin, right? Well, if your blood thins out, and you start bleeding more than usual, it's just going to pick up that color and carry it back out of your body.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:42 pm
but i was talking about drinking AFTER

which i plan on doing tomorow after i get my tattoo biggrin tattoo early afternoon then i'll be drinking like..... 10 ish >.>  

[NUTs]

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff