Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Well, I never thought I'd see it put quite this way...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:18 am
Thank you Facebook, you have brought me awesome quotes from religious debates.
Anyways, I was browsing through the group "When I Was Your Age, Pluto Was A Planet" and I found a big bang debate started by a theist. Another theist came up with an answer, and it was responded with;

"God created them complete with the light rays already reaching to earth or most of the way there?"

Ok.

a.) This is ad hoc reasoning, and complete bullshit, with no actual biblical support.
b.) God would not do this unless his sole purpose was to mislead individuals intent on using their minds to quantify their reality, and if that was his purpose, he's a douchebag.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:23 am
Sometimes a cigar...
lol lol lol
...is just a cigar.

Baron von Turkeypants

Karla Marx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:36 am
Ohoho. You made my day.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:14 pm
Death God Hitsugaya
Thank you Facebook, you have brought me awesome quotes from religious debates.
Anyways, I was browsing through the group "When I Was Your Age, Pluto Was A Planet" and I found a big bang debate started by a theist. Another theist came up with an answer, and it was responded with;

"God created them complete with the light rays already reaching to earth or most of the way there?"

Ok.

a.) This is ad hoc reasoning, and complete bullshit, with no actual biblical support.
b.) God would not do this unless his sole purpose was to mislead individuals intent on using their minds to quantify their reality, and if that was his purpose, he's a douchebag.

My response to this claim is that that, combined with all of the other "god made the universe look old" claims, is that then we have bloody good reason to think the universe is old. And our age estimates are still based on all the available evidence, whereas theirs are not.
More, that they are defying their god by claiming the universe is young, if he made it to look older.  

Redem

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff