Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Wondering about bridge piercings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unknowing Satyress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've decided that my first real piercing will be a bridge. (I was going to go with septum, but my five-month old is a grabby monster. Ouch.)

I've done a bit of research, which was mildly pointless because everyplace says something different. So what are your experiences with both the healing time and potential reject of a bridge piercing?

Any other advice and such is appreciated. Also, I'm not worried about the pain at all. Labor didn't hurt one bit, so I'm pretty sure I can stand for piercing pain or lackthereof.

P.S. This is where I plan on getting it done: Nomad

Edit: Also! I want to eventually have two bridge piercings, one above the other. Anyone know anything I should be considering with that plan?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:11 pm
Hmm... wish I knew more about bridge piercings. You can go with either a straight barbell or a curved one. Trying to heal with a ring in will make the rejection rate go way up.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Unknowing Satyress

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:38 pm

Ah interesting.
I definitely plan to go with a straight barbell.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:16 pm
I've had mine reject out on me twice now, and I'm going for a third time to see if it stays. But maybe that's just me. sweatdrop  

popcornsharingbox

Unknowing Satyress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Hopefully third time's a charm, eh? razz I hope that doesn't happen to me. As it is, I'm trying to convince my sisters to pay for this one when they come to visit me!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:28 pm
I got my done I went with a spike barbill and I got it caught on my pillow. So then I went with just balls.

User Image  

Stamm

Veya Starr Davis

Blessed Harvester

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:55 pm
heres my bridge story. so about 3 years ago i decided i wanted my bridge done. i went to the piercing place i always go to.. i asked the guy to show me other bridge piercings hes done.. he showed me 2, they looked good.
so i did it.. it didnt hurt. just like my eyebrows. just a poke. nothing. he used a 16 curved barbell.
after the swelling went down, i noticed it was realllllly shallow... :/
(healed within a week)

after about 8 months it was growing out faster and faster. found out right after i took it out (after only a year) that it should be done with a straight barbell. make sure its 16g. and make sure they do it deep anough back. if you dont have a good amount of skin you can grab than the rejection rates higher.

i still have the holes, i call them my 3rd and 4th eyes.
im getting it redone again soon with the better knowledge i have now.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games