Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Strict Parents. How to solve? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:28 pm
My mom never let me have friends over until AFTER I turned 18, when I had a breakdown and cried like mad to her [after unleashing the wrath on my uncle xD;] I was never allowed to go over ANYONE'S house, even if it was a girl she knew from my girl scout troop. I couldn't have sleepovers or sleep over anyone's house, not even family.

I still can't do sleepovers, but hey..."My house, my rules." Now if only certain people could understand that...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 pm
User Image
Um, here's what I did..

When my mother got sick of driving me around, I reminded her of how she's told me since I was old enough to understand that if I went anywhere alone I'd be raped and murdered, especially in the blackberry alley behind our house and on public transportation.
So when she told me to ride the bus, and I walked, and she was furious, I reminded her that "only serial rapists, murderers, and alcoholics who can't get any take the bus!" and that we live in a city with practically no crime rate, not to mention it was three blocks, and we live next to a preschool, elementary school, and junior high. :eyeroll:

Maybe if you bring up how sheltered you've been, and how much of a shock it'll be to suddenly be on your own at college, she'll relent and let you live a little.

TomorrowIsAFish

sabrru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:31 pm
you should introduce you parents to my friend, her parents are so strich they wouldn't let her outside by herself, they won't let her talk on the phone with out knowing who it is or why they're calling or without listening to the conversation. she's been driven crazy by her parents everytime i see her she's really jumpy, i introduced her to my parents when they where being strich now they let me do almost anything i want as long as i ask, they even let me skip school to go to six flags with my friends from when it opened till it closed even when i had school the next day. lol. but seriously your parents sound a little like mine but that was a while ago. now i've convinced them to get me a cell phone and i made a deal with them. when ever i go some where i call them and if i decide to go somewhere else i call them and tell them. i think that you should make a deal with your parents like tell them you'll call every once in a while to let them know where your at or something like that  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 am
Wow.. bring your little brother?? Sharing your room.. I can understand.. but bring your brother.. normal times maybe okay.. but what it it comes to the time when you date with your boyfriend? lol Hmm.. turning 17 soon also meaning 1 more year to be 18!
You should really tell her that you're turning an Adult soon.. and need to take care of yourself.. cant stay around mom forever..

^ ^;; Well I dunno..

][ F!sh.gif ][

wingcastle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:51 am
Strict Parents? they don't really exist. I mean we kids view them that way but sometimes it's what they think it's for the best. What they think it's best. Before my parents never let me sleepover, never go outside by myself or with friends, movies only... once every couple of months, never take the public transportation, never have a boyfriend and the list goes on. but we always break the rules right? so i had a boyfriend, we only got discovered during graduation (we keep it a secret) i went out everyday after awhile (i earn their trust in that). I use to share a room with my sister, but after that I moved to a smaller room. I'm happy it.

I think one way to earn their trust is to act adult like. Don't complain, don't talk back, don't act childish... you know what i mean. Make deals, work hard, be studious. They should see that you're growing. And as i say before, strict parents actually don't want to be strict. They love you, that's why they do stuff that seem unreasonable, unbendable and strict towards us. But this can be said as one way they show how they care.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:34 am

Well I'm 13 but my mom is REALLY protective. Sometimes I draw the line though. I don't let her ruin stuff for me insensibly.

Camburglar

Nixxen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:35 am
Theres this mom that dosent let her son go on feild trips, and to banquets and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 am
Rummage around your photo albums and try and find incriminating evidence of your parents doing something weird.

Then use it as blackmail. ninja

Cherry Choo

We Sleep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 am
I suggest maybe ask her for a track phone in that we she knows where you are or something? A walkie talkie.. something to get ahold of eachother, it might be an area issue...  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff