Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Was Iraq a big mistake?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you support our troops
  Yes, I'm patrioitic
  No, (shame on you)
  I don't care. I am just doing this for the Gold.
View Results

Joker243

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:19 pm
DO NOT COPY THIS PIECE OF WORK. NOTE THAT THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT. A THOUGHT THAT OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF.

"First let me say that, I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. (If you don't, then shame on you. They have sacrificed a lot for this country) However I don't support the leaders that sent our men and women overseas to fight. I will say this though if we had not taken down Saddam Hussein out of power more people would still be in the torture chambers that he had established during his reign of power. Although, our Government should have had a plan that stated what would happen if we were to take the tyrant dictator out of power. Our congress should have had a budget set aside to aid in rebuilding the country if we WERE able to liberate the country. all these procedures should have been taken before the power was shifted to the president for him to have the final say.However, I do understand what you guys are saying that IT IS NOT OUR WAR ANYMORE, BUT A CIVIL WAR. In case you did not know, we invaded Iraq under false pretenses. The allegation that Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) were false. It was as stated in the latest Iraq War report that there were miss communications and errors in all branches of National Security (CIA, FBI, The UN inspectors, etc.,). Now if I were the President of the most powerful nation in the world, I had gotten information that a country had WMD possessed a threat against the home front and at anytime our congress could pass, in my favor, to go to war, I would go over those reports again and again and AGAIN before I'd make a final decision. After that, I'd then begin to plan a war strategy and state ALL the possible outcomes. Like, what happens if we liberate the country or what would should we do if we catch Saddam. Do we prosecute him or let him go? Do you get what I am trying say? Now, the way that I see it is that the US and Britain should get out while they still can. Although, the leaders from Iraq, The US, and Great Britain have failed to recognize that the country (Iraq) is indeed in Civil war. Although this war has been going on for thousands of years, all that we (and the Brits) are doing is adding fuel to the fire. Another opinion by me is that all three leaders do know that they are not doing such a successful job on the handling of the country. For you see each decision is (once again in my opinion) being made day by day as the war progresses. Now, I know that recently we had a strategy planed out. However, if we don't start doing more evaluations on how the country is being run, and if we don't have success with this new strategy that have recently been proposed, then what the heck are our sons and daughters doing there in a foreign land that they have no business being there? Now I know that it somewhat has to do with what a leader's party is. I also know that there were democrats that voted to go to Iraq. However, after the Iraq commissioners met and discussed the errors in communications from the Homeland Security department, all Political parties knew that we had made a big mistake. Sure some still agree that there is major progress (yeah right) they admit in there journal (secretly) that Iraq was a mistake. Now I know that this is a separate issue, however, if we don't elect a person that is against the war then this might just turn into OUR version of Vietnam. Meaning, that the government might enforce the draft. Now I know that recently The President stated that he would not bring back the draft. Though the leading General (that is leading the fight in Iraq) has said that it (The Draft) has been put on the table several times. Now, I know that this is not part of the question however the way that I see it, is that we should pack up and leave. However, this process should be done slowly; not a rush decision that is unorganized. Did we not learn from Iraq that being disorganized can lead to split the country apart? We should also have a back up plan just in case we ever need to go back there or the country begins to fall apart and troops are needed. Furtherer more, if we were to go back we should put troops in the country slowly and as needed; no more no less just as needed. Just for that we should do that in every situation that requires soldiers to travel to distances farther from home when fighting the war on terror. In addition I do think that we should leave a base in the capital of Baghdad. Now if and only if we absolutely need to go back we should (in my opinion) learn from our mistakes and build forth a strategy and move on it slowly. However, what I think that we should do is isolate our self's from the world issues AND begin to rebuild our nations economy. I suppose what I am trying to say is that we should work on clearing our debt that this war has caused. We should repair the families that have lost a loved one as well."

IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THIS STRATEGY PLEASE PM ME SO THAT I CAN EXPLAIN IT EVEN MORE.

PM me with your thoughts  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 pm
One sec there, you wont them to get out? omg i dont know how many times ive heard that,

first of all i want them out to because my cousin died in a car bomb! he blowdeds up! What do you think theyre gonna do when we get out of there, what do you think there gonna do, there not gonna give up, put yourself into a terrorists shoes it sounds like people thihnk theyre gonna say

" bye we want to end the war to soo bye "

uh no if you put yourselfs in a terrorists shoes what are you gonna do, they wont let them go, they are just gonna bomb us more, theyre gonna hurt more people if we take them out

yes bringing people into the war was the dumbest thing but! we shouldnt bring them out even though we want to and they wont to, but you know we cant as soon as they comeback hom were gonna get bombed here are some places they might attack because they are MAJOR PLACES

cheyene mountain they have a major system that could do bad things if they bombed it

all the big cities!
like dallas, washington d.c. , new york,

they could bomb the pentagon AGAIN!
they could bomb the pentagon,
and we dont want that to happen,

and the worst thing of all BIN LADEN IS STILL ALIVE!!
thats not good, he will bomb us faster than you can say
potatoes chips!!

Again i want the troops to come back sooo bad because another one of my cousins is over there and he is risking his life, but we bring them back, we have world war 2 all over again
right now..... in my opinion we are doing great ya lives are being lost but it was there choice to risk there lives but no one in the us is getting killed by terrorists attacks from iraq

ok not alot there might be some but its not millions of iraqs terrorists attacks happen everyday! < at least in the us >

but that means we are winning we are keeping them from bombing us
they are doing there job greatly theyre protecting our united states. and i respect them but dont take them out yet
and i hope the next president isnt stupid enough to bring them home , if they do its bye bye united states

i dont care if anyone doesnt agree with my opinion but thats YOUR opinion if you like it not mine so dont yells at me thanks me eyes are closing because it late at night for me so seeya  

i_lover_avatar

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:39 am
Wait a minute wait a minute...

Although I'm partially against the war, I believe it's necessary to keep peace until THEY want us out. Their nation is going through so much, such as Iran wanting to attack them for not being so theocratic. I know that they are having a VOTE to let us out, but until they vote get them outta here I say we stay. I do have to agree with you our president is stupid right now having a golf tournament scheduled the day the dead bodies of soldiers return, having the longest presidential vacation in the history of the US, while we're at war, but we can't do anything about it til november, even if an impeach took place it'd be a long time before our congress would do anything because they think issues like universal healthcare are more important. And here's where you're indefinitely wrong, they have been proven to both exist, and not exist, we have RSP pictures showing the storage, and creation of the the weapons, but we don't know where they are, Saddam Hussein's second in command stated in oral, and writing, that they were told to TRANSPORT the weapons in a book he wrote and a speech he gave to our General.
Now we may not necessarily have to be there, but as you can tell by things like 2Haruhi_Fujioka2's cousin being killed by a car bomb there's still people that don't want democracy that many people do. And it's also stated in our Pentagon Papers about the war that many of the terrorists are not Iraqis but Iranians sneaking past the border, you may say that we're not doing a good enough job if they're sneaking past the border, but we don't have a sufficient enough number of soldiers there to do that work, so it's not a CIVIL war, but a CIVILIAN war between Iranians and Iraqis, two longed rivals since the late 80s which is why we entered the first Desert Storm project.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:30 am
I just want it to stop, f** them all drop a nuke I dont care just get the hell out, no more.  

Kysaara

i_lover_avatar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:15 pm
You people dont get it they want to be in top power if we drop a nuke then we start a nuclear war!! trust me you dont want that! and plus yua they want us out
so we cant defend the united states so they can make another terrorist attack! ya they're having fights with Iran but they want to knock us out of the main power country we are on top currently and they want to be on top thats why we are having this war!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:33 pm
I would like to explain something here. When debating a topic in a competent discussion you do not say things like "f** them, drop a nuke on them" that is totally unethical. So what is our country based on now? Money, and ways to get more. Does it matter any more that our president is trying the best he can, or that we are all human and cant we all just try to fit different things in all in one day.
Now I will not say that Mr. Bush hasn't made any mistakes, of course he has! As president the littlest mistakes can make the hugest impact, but what of normal people? What of people "normal people" (for lack of better terms)? Who lie, possibly cheat, slack off on chores, try to get the easy way out, be terribly mean to our sibling, live a life focused on sex or drugs or clothes or whatever while we have soldiers who are in Iraq, either fighting, in hospitals, dead, or relaxing a bit in the time between major occurences.
Now I have a question for you. What will it be like when we leave Iraq, taking out all soldiers, leaving their entire country to fend for themselves, all the while trying to form a government based on democracy? What of the terrorists who despise America? What will happen when America becomes the battlefield? Life would be totally different, and 'nuke'ing them would do nothing but give the countries that we are barely having peace with reason to 'nuke' America.
Please PM me with your ideas or thoughts, and please keep these discussions formal, and be sure not to judge to harshly because who knows what we would do put in that posistion.  

XxCheer Chick 54xX

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:59 pm
You gotta point there. Just because there hasn't been a land battle in America since the Civil war doesn't mean it can't happen again.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 am
Iraq a mistake? OMG... that's not even a question.
HECK NO!!!
NO MISTAKE. Bush did the only thing any1 w/ that kind of power would do. THE RIGHT THING!  

Last_Gunslingr

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:11 pm
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

No.

Why is it a mistake to TRY to give someone the option of life and freedom?

Even if we fail and Iraq falls back into the hands of Al Queda we at least gave the Iraqi people the CHANCE to be free. The CHANCE to escape the tyrrany.

So no.
NO MISTAKE.

Everything that is done for good, wether or not it ends up that way is NEVER a mistake.

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:25 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

No.

Why is it a mistake to TRY to give someone the option of life and freedom?

Even if we fail and Iraq falls back into the hands of Al Queda we at least gave the Iraqi people the CHANCE to be free. The CHANCE to escape the tyrrany.

So no.
NO MISTAKE.

Everything that is done for good, wether or not it ends up that way is NEVER a mistake.

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

My thoughts exactly!  

The Hallowed Mouse

Necroscape

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:29 pm
Oops, I read the thread name but not the poll question so I voted no. S'what I get for not reading. -.- Yes, I very firmly support our troops.

Iraq a mistake? Absolutely not. You have to do something. That's what it means to be as powerful as we are. So many terrible things have happened in history because no one would do anything. How long did we stay out of WWII before we finally got involved because we were attacked. Little late I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:17 pm
Ok, I'll make this short and sweet.

NO.
No Mistake what-so-ever

1. We took down The worst Dictator next to Hitler, and who was TAUGHT by Hitler himself.

2. If Osama isn't Dead by now, he is pissing himself every hour of every day. Mental Damage makes the best revenge.

3. We Are WINNING. A Month or so ago we blew up Al Quada's HQ.

4. The people are HAPPY we are over the helping them  

XSean HirukiX

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150

Pandern

1,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:02 pm
Kysaara
I just want it to stop, f** them all drop a nuke I dont care just get the hell out, no more.
Your ma'am....are a imbecile...if we did the following it would give North Korea a viable reason to bomb our @$$...and China....Maybe even Russia  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 am
Iraq was a big mistake. It got us involved in nation-building, which was the worst part of the Clinton Administration. Lots of conservatives warned against this, like Pat Buchanan. We should have listened to him. We should instead have just opened up all our oil deposits to drilling, and gotten the hell out of their. We'll burn our wheat, let them eat their oil.  

BarryKlob

COMANDER COON

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 pm
berry I disagree with your opinion about the war but the last but I do agree with let them eat there oil

now to my points and opinion's

Joker243

Quote:
the way that I see it is that the US and Britain should get out while they still can. Although, the leaders from Iraq, The US, and Great Britain have failed to recognize that the country (Iraq) is indeed in Civil war. Although this war has been going on for thousands of years, all that we (and the Brits) are doing is adding fuel to the fire.

This in my opinion and here is why your wrong.How its choosing a winner in a thousand year war adding to the fight this war between these to peoples radical and relatively peaceful has gone on way to long and like it or not WE ARE A PART OF THIS WAR.That has never ended we CAN end it with are manpower,tec and strategy though we have not always used these skills and have made mistake that dose not make the war a mistake this is not like vietnam we were not attacked we would never have bin attacked so we should not have bin there.But this is a problem that we are involved in and a part of you can quit a war you cant run away your ether on the ofence or on the defence and nobody ever won a war by constantly attacking there enemy you can decide where you want to fight the war but not if you want to fight the war itself unless you surrender to radical Islam and accept sharia law and where a garb and strip yourself of religious freedom and the republic itself those are unacceptable terms so we should reduce some forces from iraq they need to fight the war two and we need to take out Iran Surya Egypt Somalia and disarm pakistan's nukes with any force  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games