Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
God's Warriors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:37 am
So...I've watched them all.

God's Warriors - Muslim was the first installment I watched. Predictably, it made me angry, afraid and helped further solidify my opinions on the dangers of religion, especially when it intermingles with public politics.

God's Warriors - Jewish wasn't as polarizing, but still striking. I learned a good bit of background surrounding the current conflicts and was troubled by the fact that such a small part of the American population has such a massive grip on the American political machine's direction. It also made me very disappointed in the cultural values promoted by Zionist Jews, which, since they're a religious extremist group, probably surprises nobody here.

God's Warriors - Christian startled me. Several times, beginning about two minutes into the sixth installment (remember, I watched on YouTube), I felt a spark run through my nerves and a heat in my veins. I'm so terrified by my country. We have smart men rising to power on the fearmongering tactics of control and edicts used to pull the puppet strings of America's poor, uneducated and desperate.

In all three situations, savvy men and women fill people with fear, drain them of money, use their now desperate followers to create an army of thought and action, then sit back and enjoy the profitable results of a war fought for nothing. Truly it is as Seneca the Younger said; "Religion is regarded by the uneducated man as true, to the wise man as false, and to the politician as useful."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Theophrastus
So...I've watched them all.

God's Warriors - Muslim was the first installment I watched. Predictably, it made me angry, afraid and helped further solidify my opinions on the dangers of religion, especially when it intermingles with public politics.

God's Warriors - Jewish wasn't as polarizing, but still striking. I learned a good bit of background surrounding the current conflicts and was troubled by the fact that such a small part of the American population has such a massive grip on the American political machine's direction. It also made me very disappointed in the cultural values promoted by Zionist Jews, which, since they're a religious extremist group, probably surprises nobody here.

God's Warriors - Christian startled me. Several times, beginning about two minutes into the sixth installment (remember, I watched on YouTube), I felt a spark run through my nerves and a heat in my veins. I'm so terrified by my country. We have smart men rising to power on the fearmongering tactics of control and edicts used to pull the puppet strings of America's poor, uneducated and desperate.

In all three situations, savvy men and women fill people with fear, drain them of money, use their now desperate followers to create an army of thought and action, then sit back and enjoy the profitable results of a war fought for nothing. Truly it is as Seneca the Younger said; "Religion is regarded by the uneducated man as true, to the wise man as false, and to the politician as useful."

I agree. I think by the time I finished watching each one, I wanted to cry. And I felt like hiding under my bed after watching the Christian one. stare  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

GreenMagi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:32 am
I’ve been a great warrior for as long as I’ve been eating solid food. When I was still a Christian, I was approached by several groups that wanted me to wear a cross on my back and devote my wins to Christ. I seriously considered it, but two things stopped me. I knew Jezus wouldn’t condone my love of fighting, and as good as I was, where points are concerned there was a chance of losing…and I didn’t think my loosing would reflect well on god.

The faith-heads are stupid. It is strangely convenient how the voice of gods always agree with their inner desires. One might think that it was only their projected wishes.

Anyway, now I’m a warrior for Oblivion. Those nut jobs can shoot at me if they want to, but they better hit gold; because I shoot back, and I don’t miss. Besides that, they only feel secure in groups because of their cowardly nature. You’ll never see a one man lynching-mob.

Someone should email someone with talent about creating an Atheist’s shoot-em-up game, where we get to run around blasting people with different religious symbols over their heads; the big three (Jewish, Christian, and Muslim), plus rare bonuses for Wiccans, Gnostics, and Buddhists. Each level could end at one of their biggest churches/temples/ synagogues, in which we tak’em out like a flamethrower on a bees hive while destroying the building. But only more like Doom, since Atheists don’t need a squad to kick @$$! It’d be great. I’m sure it’d make a billion dollars from all the press it’d get…and there’s no such thing as bad press where a market is concerned.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:15 pm
GreenMagi
I’ve been a great warrior for as long as I’ve been eating solid food. When I was still a Christian, I was approached by several groups that wanted me to wear a cross on my back and devote my wins to Christ. I seriously considered it, but two things stopped me. I knew Jezus wouldn’t condone my love of fighting, and as good as I was, where points are concerned there was a chance of losing…and I didn’t think my loosing would reflect well on god.

The faith-heads are stupid. It is strangely convenient how the voice of gods always agree with their inner desires. One might think that it was only their projected wishes.

Anyway, now I’m a warrior for Oblivion. Those nut jobs can shoot at me if they want to, but they better hit gold; because I shoot back, and I don’t miss. Besides that, they only feel secure in groups because of their cowardly nature. You’ll never see a one man lynching-mob.

Someone should email someone with talent about creating an Atheist’s shoot-em-up game, where we get to run around blasting people with different religious symbols over their heads; the big three (Jewish, Christian, and Muslim), plus rare bonuses for Wiccans, Gnostics, and Buddhists. Each level could end at one of their biggest churches/temples/ synagogues, in which we tak’em out like a flamethrower on a bees hive while destroying the building. But only more like Doom, since Atheists don’t need a squad to kick @$$! It’d be great. I’m sure it’d make a billion dollars from all the press it’d get…and there’s no such thing as bad press where a market is concerned.

I would only endorse it if, instead of weapons and violence, you had to debate them. biggrin  

Theophrastus

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:53 pm
GreenMagi

I'm a non-violent person. stare

Plus, I've never met a Buddhist I didn't like! blaugh ...yet.

That game is, like, so not cool.

Instead, there should be a game about Zombie Christ! 'Cause, you know, Jesus rose from the dead, and you can only rise from the dead if you're a ZOMBIE! And then all the Christians turn into zombies, too, 'cause Jesus was like, "This is my body, and this is my blood, and YOU WILL EAT IT!!!11!!111!!11111!!!" And then it's up to all the few atheists in America to rid the great nation of the Plague! 4laugh

See, THAT'S an exciting game. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:59 pm
You're saying there's something weird about ritual cannibalism being forced on children?  

Theophrastus

GreenMagi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:51 am
Theophrastus

I would only endorse it if, instead of weapons and violence, you had to debate them. biggrin

Oh, yes. I use debate and knowledge now. I only use violence when it is thrown at me. Sure, I encourage it by saying things that large groups of Faith-Heads will use as an excuse to lynch me, but I don’t think that makes me wrong. It’s as debatable as entrapment and baiting. I look at those rare and delicious experiences as a chance to teach people not to sick their hands in fire or grab tigers by the tail.
But most of the time I only fight with words. Most of the time Faith-Heads don’t realize how insulting they are being, so I reverse their insult for shock value, and then explain to them how they just said the same thing. It’s fun.
As for weapons and violence, I don’t carry a knife to the fight. But, if they come at me with one, they deserve nothing less than to be stabbed with their own blade…and I twist it when I strike.

This sounds boarder-line unjust, extreme, and cruel, I know. But this is war. Fundamentalists have already demonized us, and if they had their way, we’d already ether be on the executioners block or on the deportation bus. Screw them.

Seriously, I think Agnostics stand on the moral high-ground. But the scales are anything but equal and honest right now, and extreme views must be meet with extreme views to bring balance. Really, it is only logical to be Agnostic, but the Faith-Heads would have a field day if we went that route the current hostile environment…because they are anything but rational.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:03 am
Theophrastus
You're saying there's something weird about ritual cannibalism being forced on children?

Oh, no. Nooooo. Not at all. That's perfectly normal! sweatdrop  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash