Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
The new market place... why 2% listing fee? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:33 am
Mhmm Tis Kratos
NeonLadyMarmalade
Hmmm... if you've read the most recent announcment, you'll see that Gaia is launching a new version of the market place.

Perhaps it's a good thing... updated, modern and faster.

But, what I really don't get, is why they're going to take 2% of the gold you get from every sale? They say it's to combat inflation, but won't this increase inflation?

I mean, people will increase their prices so that they will make the same amount of gold as before the 2% commission?

On the plus side, people get their 1000 gold vending license fee back.

Do you think the listing fee is unfair?

heart

It's not that it's unfair, it's kind of strange that Gaia would do this. The listing fee would in crease inflation because when you take 2% away from something and if the price is lower, the person will not have as much taken away from him, but the profit would be much lower.

Example:

Let's take an Angelic Microphone.

If it stays at its current low: 12,700 and we take 2% away from it, the profit you would make would only be 10160 gold.

But if it were lower, say, 10000 gold, Only 2000 gold would be taken away resulting in your making an 800 profit.

So it is very counter-productive. Stupid and weird.
confused

WHOA. Check your math.
><
It would only be 127 gold off of 12,700. So it would be 11,573.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:55 am
I don't understand confused It won't make any sense @__@  

Sepfire

Friendly Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

iamjessica26

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:29 pm
eh i dont get any of it. at least they said we would get he 1000 gold back..  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:00 pm
    I don't see the point of it. What are they going to use that gold for anyway?
    Don't they just constantly reproduce gold O.o

I hope the 2% doesn't go through. I can only seeing it increase inflation.

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Darks Angel forever1

Blessed Friend

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm
I agree with u^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:47 pm
The Optimistic Retard
You raise a good point. However, I think they might choose to distribute the gold back through the Daily Chance. I dunno.

The mods admins gotta do what the mods admins gotta do.

Fixed. Mods really don't have much to do with system changes. Only admins and developers do, really.  

Pailzor
Captain

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:57 pm
NekoGod
Mhmm Tis Kratos
NeonLadyMarmalade
Hmmm... if you've read the most recent announcment, you'll see that Gaia is launching a new version of the market place.

Perhaps it's a good thing... updated, modern and faster.

But, what I really don't get, is why they're going to take 2% of the gold you get from every sale? They say it's to combat inflation, but won't this increase inflation?

I mean, people will increase their prices so that they will make the same amount of gold as before the 2% commission?

On the plus side, people get their 1000 gold vending license fee back.

Do you think the listing fee is unfair?

heart

It's not that it's unfair, it's kind of strange that Gaia would do this. The listing fee would in crease inflation because when you take 2% away from something and if the price is lower, the person will not have as much taken away from him, but the profit would be much lower.

Example:

Let's take an Angelic Microphone.

If it stays at its current low: 12,700 and we take 2% away from it, the profit you would make would only be 10160 gold.

But if it were lower, say, 10000 gold, Only 2000 gold would be taken away resulting in your making an 800 profit.

So it is very counter-productive. Stupid and weird.
confused

WHOA. Check your math.
><
It would only be 127 gold off of 12,700. So it would be 11,573.

2%, not 1%.
Would result in 12,446.
Ahh... Irony. Fun. xd

And 2000 is 20% of 10,000.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:02 pm
Duchess Dill
    I don't see the point of it. What are they going to use that gold for anyway?
    Don't they just constantly reproduce gold O.o

I hope the 2% doesn't go through. I can only seeing it increase inflation.
[ It's not that they are going to USE the gold. The gold simply disappears, it's not like the admins need to collect gold taxes to pay for something. ._.;

I think it's to reduce inflation. But I still hate it though, simply because it'll stop the little vending that I can do. I understand the logic behind the change though.

The 1k I'll get back is NOTHING compared to all the 1ks I could make off Dark Halos!
]

Cassiexchan

Usagimitai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:25 pm
XD annoying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:05 am
XD well inflation will go up and maybe once they see that people don't like the 2% thing maybe the admins and developers will change it?  

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

calcifer9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:19 am
To all those people who ask where the gold goes, it disappears. Please read the thread mentioned in the recent announcement. It explains the whole thing better than I could ever hope to.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:14 am
Hmmm... two percent is a small number, but it does hurt. Hang on though, they're still testing it and such. Developers and Administrators are working on it. I know this one hurts, but there is a reason. Sure I know for one thing you'll pay like taxes... I don't know. Just wait guys, they're making some changes, they might even remove it if possible.
And thanks to me, I made this thread alive again! (Please ignore that part.)  

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas