Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Elf vs. Human Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 am
Mitsh
Chieftain Twilight
Mitsh
Chieftain Twilight
Elfshaman
Because I am an elf kin I have deep pride issues. I thought it would make an interesting discussion on whehter elves as a race are superior or inferior to humans. As long as no direct insults to elves are made I think we can keep this fairly controlled and civilized.

no such thing as a superior race. that statement is borderline humanologistic, in essence. very racist.

Did you mean "humanocentric"?

probably.. whichever would be the correct word for being about Humanology... i kind of guessed at the word i used.

"Humanology"? The study of... humans, with no particular focus?

it was that bullcrap passed off as a science in the 40s that Hitler became obsessed with just prior to WWII. saying stuff like that differnt races rank higher or lower on the evolutionary scale, or maybe it was based in some kind of Christian extremist cult, i dunno. that's all i know about it realy.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 am
Elfshaman
and when it comes to evidence you're absolutely right, i have none. i never will. i'm sorry if that isn't good enough to you.

When something is presented as fact, it NEEDS evidence to support it. Honestly, you can't just go around saying "This thing I'm talking about is true, because I know it and say it is," without any way of backing it up. That sort of thing leads to terrible misinformation, because some people (unfortunately) DO believe things at face value. All you would be doing is spreading a blind belief.

I can't speak for others, but personally that is the reason I was so quick to challenge your topics, because I really don't like the idea of someone spreading claims that are not based on any solid proof.  

Magus Initi

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:27 pm
Magus Young

When something is presented as fact, it NEEDS evidence to support it. Honestly, you can't just go around saying "This thing I'm talking about is true, because I know it and say it is," without any way of backing it up. That sort of thing leads to terrible misinformation, because some people (unfortunately) DO believe things at face value. All you would be doing is spreading a blind belief.

I can't speak for others, but personally that is the reason I was so quick to challenge your topics, because I really don't like the idea of someone spreading claims that are not based on any solid proof.

QFE

I also just realized that YOU are Magus young and I declined your friend request because I had no idea who you were XD I'll add you if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 pm
Arcanist Angus
Magus Young

QFE

I also just realized that YOU are Magus young and I declined your friend request because I had no idea who you were XD I'll add you if you'd like.

QFE?

It's all good, lol, I figured that maybe you just felt like you didn't know me well enough yet or something. Request accepted!  

Magus Initi

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Magus Young

QFE?

It's all good, lol, I figured that maybe you just felt like you didn't know me well enough yet or something. Request accepted!

Quoted for Emphasis  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:41 am
Cunning Witch Angus
Elfshaman

your own website backs me up more than you. it doesn't say they were gods. it says that later celtic generations treated them as gods. they lived in faery mounds. the link you've given also says they were a magical people not deities.

i will admit that i may have gotten confused in that i don't beleive the Tuatha were actually elves but rather magical humans or faeries as their home now suggest(faery mounds not elf mounds). so i will admit some falisy on my part for that. but even so they serve the purpose for which i had previously stated which was that from all the stories i've read they behave very similar to my own elven people.

And that purpose is...

They are NOW gods. Therefore, they are gods. They NOW live in Faery Mounds. Faery=/=Elf. EDIT: Also, would you say that you are superior to the Tuatha because of your elven status?

This is what I feel: I feel that you have created your own realm that other Elfkin have also created and through the Collective Unconscious you have acquired this in the astral. I also feel that, because you are a teen, and most teenagers go through this, I did myself, that you want to be more than human and since in popular culture elves seem far superior to humans, why not choose an elf.

No one picks a troll, or a dwarf or anything. They pick the cool stuff which is another reason that I feel that it is all in your head and you can't really prove it.

Actually, I've heard someone speak their belief that the Tuatha De Dannan were, in fact, Elves. And I tend to agree. Well, I started to agree after I saw an Elf. It's hard not to after that.

And as for, "No one picks a troll or a dwarf?"....that is utterly false. There are, in fact, Otherkin Trolls AND Dwarves. It is not just the "cool stuff". Maybe YOU should do a little more research before you post things like that.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 pm
Gandalf_the_Girl

Actually, I've heard someone speak their belief that the Tuatha De Dannan were, in fact, Elves. And I tend to agree. Well, I started to agree after I saw an Elf. It's hard not to after that.

And as for, "No one picks a troll or a dwarf?"....that is utterly false. There are, in fact, Otherkin Trolls AND Dwarves. It is not just the "cool stuff". Maybe YOU should do a little more research before you post things like that.

Unfortunately according to history the Tuatha were not elves, so whatever "beliefs" someone has are false if history can prove it wrong.

Did the elf throw a curse at you? They tend to do that if you can see them. They don't like to be seen, according to folklore. I would check your livestock, pets, and yourself for elf bolts.

Furthermore this post is abysmally old and I don't even remember it, why would you necro it?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:04 pm
Cunning Witch Angus
Gandalf_the_Girl

Unfortunately according to history the Tuatha were not elves, so whatever "beliefs" someone has are false if history can prove it wrong.

Did the elf throw a curse at you? They tend to do that if you can see them. They don't like to be seen, according to folklore. I would check your livestock, pets, and yourself for elf bolts.

Furthermore this post is abysmally old and I don't even remember it, why would you necro it?

Well, if they don't actually exist, then how could you see folklore as "history". For it to be history, it would have to be true. But, ok. We don't share the same belief. That's fine.

No, the elf did not throw a curse at me. Why would he? What on Earth is an elf bolt?

I necro'ed it, I suppose, because I am new to this guild and it is new to me.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 pm
Gandalf_the_Girl

Well, if they don't actually exist, then how could you see folklore as "history".

Folkloric history exists. It's how we know what the gods are in a historical context.

Gandalf_the_Girl
For it to be history, it would have to be true.

Is folklore true? To some it is. It is what most beliefs in the "Other" are based upon.

Gandalf_the_Girl
But, ok. We don't share the same belief. That's fine.

No, no we do not.

Gandalf_the_Girl
No, the elf did not throw a curse at me.

Probably wasn't an elf, then. Or it could have been. Did you get pictures?

Gandalf_the_Girl
Why would he?

I suppose because he would think it was funny, haha! I don't know! I don't talk to them, I just read their folklore.

Gandalf_the_Girl
What on Earth is an elf bolt?

Elf-Arrow

Gandalf_the_Girl
I necro'ed it, I suppose, because I am new to this guild and it is new to me.

It is usually frowned upon to necro threads that are over a year old.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games