Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Oh! Look! A new topic! :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

...!
View Results

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:03 am
I knit, and I came up with an idea. I really like the game Yoshi's Island (not DS rolleyes ) and I realized that images of the pixel-y sprites from the game can work well as sort of "charts" for knitting with multiple colors (just calling each pixel a stitch). I'd like to, over time, make a blanket out of smaller knitted squares with the images on them. Unfortunately, I have to learn intarsia before I can do this - is intarsia really as bad as it sounds? Does anyone have any tips, or - better yet - and easier way to do this?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:23 pm
Someone on here made a kickass Mario blanket I wanted to swoon over. If someone else has a link to the topic, that'd be great. I'm kinda lazy.

It ends up looking really cool and I totally encourage you to go for it.  

Catcheen
Crew

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:41 pm
Intarsia isn;t very hard... it just takes alot of patience. The technique is really very simple. The hard part is taking the time to wind your yarn on little bobbins so it doesn't get tangled.

Fair Isle and duplicate stitch can help alot in making it not so stressful. I personally love fair isle and think it's hella-fun (I hope I can say that word here... >.> <.< )

If you like the theme, I'd say go for it, it'll probably turn out awesome!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 am
i luv yoshi's island!! yoshi is soo cute!!! mrgreen exclaim  

ellayaxP

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas