Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Mental/Disabled Children. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mental children
  Haha! I laugh at them!
  I treat them a bit more nicer.
  I treat them just as I treat everyone else.
View Results

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:16 pm
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

My 8th grade math teacher's son has autism. He is so funny, we let my math teacher bring him over so he can ride our horses. I'm not sure how it works, but it calms them down. One thing about kids with the disability is when their brains get into one thing, such as math because I know that it is easier to describe, they just can do it quickly. They can be extremely smart o.o Like he might have learn let's say the quadratic formula like once and you could show him a problem and he would be able to get the answer very quickly. He wouldn't understand it, just know the answer. Somehow their brains work that way O.o I think it is kinda of neat.

My grandmother has alzheimer's and I feel extremely sad. I just wish I knew what she was thinking. Sadly she is on the last bit of life. I never really knew her much though.

Also thought I had dyslexia at one point, but I was wrong XD I had just read the letters backwards while taking the eye exam.

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:12 pm
Scribble Me Orange
If I had Lindsey in my class, I would certainly hang out with her and use her posters. Just because people are disabled doesn't mean that they are complete jerks. Infact, I like disabled people. =D Not the ones that spit all over you... but, yeah. You get my point.

There's an autistic kid in my school. She's a nutcase. o_o She screams and yells so the whole school can hear it. BLAAAAAAH.

And if it counts, I'm friends with a 20 year old who has cancer. God love her. She's really..really..REALLY nice, putting the facts aside, that her grammar isn't too good. And that she's forgetful.

But, that doesn't bother me.

Could you kindly explain to me how cancer is a disability..and why this affects her grammar?? ..and how this affects how nice she is??? like wtf?  

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Big Used Tampon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:01 pm
Im not mental or disabled, but i have add and i hate it when people say having ADD means your retarded and it dosnt it simply means we cant focus as well as normal people can... And i know a genius who is 8 years old and has adhd and when a couple of kids found out they made fun of him and called him a retard and such... sad  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:59 pm
my school has a class of disabled kids. There are like ten of them. I LOVE Harry, he is about like three feet tall and he can't talk, but it is kinda funny when he randomly takes his shorts off and the teacher has to put them back on for him. Yeah and he gives me high fives <3  

XAmberrXO

Haughty Siren

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:27 pm
Hey, guys ^^
I know what its like to question those sort of things. Believe me, I have a brother that's disabled. Funny part was, he wasn't born disabled. My parents tell me he might have gotten it from a shot that gave him a reaction to his brain. I think the shot is called "mercury", or something like that.
So, for 14 years, I've delt with the kid, and believe me, he's one of the lucky disabled kids. I say he's lucky, because he's one of the disabled kids thats becoming less and less helpless everyday. In fact, today, out of the blue, he was writing in SPANISH. O_O;;; I think its because he hangs with some disabled kids that SPEAK spanish, and he tries to spell the understand them.

Yes, THEY CAN understand you. They all may not understand you, but don't you dare tell me that they don't have any feelings. How do you know that after you're laughing at them, they don't end up crying, and no one can understand why? They understand what agitation, sadness, and especially happiness is. So why not give them equal treatment of kindness as you would wish others to treat you?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:15 pm
Well tonight, well tonight
Will it ever come?

Well...
I guess, according to the government,
I'm "mentally disabled",
since I have Bipolar Disorder. O:
But I don't feel disabled,
and you really can't tell that I'm
bipolar most of the time anyways. ^^"
Nice thing is, I get extra time
on tests if I need it. *-*
Good benefits, I suppose.

Spend the rest of your days rocking out
Just for the dead...

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

Ryugatsu Doom

8,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:07 am
ttfreak
They are purely amazing one of my friends has asburgers he is very smart. He can't do well socially but he is soo much fun to be around. My brother used to work with people with mental disabliaties and people like that. its pretty fun to be around them.
Aspergers? When I was told I had that, I thought I was the only one in the world that did. I was afraid to admit it. I thought something was wrong with me. I thought people would laugh at me and call me retarded. Now, I meet more and more people who have it every day. Turns out it's not as rare as I thought.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff