Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Interactive NFL Guide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:38 am
Hello everyone!

User Image

For the past 6 months the company I work for has been working on an Interactive NFL Guide for a client and we are FINALLY done.

http://benoitmedia.com/

Andy Benoit is from Boise, Idaho and has been writing yearly NFL Guides since he was 14 or so. This year he wanted to take it to the next level and have a site that is interactive and up-to-date. We decided that using Adobe Flex to build the site would be a good idea, since there are massive amounts of data that need to be displayed.

We settled on the flipbook concept that Ely from Adobe created and went through many discussions about how to best display all the many pages of content on these tiny pages.

Fast forward through months and months of meetings and re-designs and re-programming and stepping back a couple versions of one major part of the site...

Now we have a site that works, although a lot of people have trouble with the loading speed. Flex sites utilize the user's computer for a lot of the processing of information, so the site will run as fast as your computer will allow. Mac users also have problems with text size, scrolling and speed.

Our target audience is hardcore NFL fans who want to read about and analyze everything to do with the sport.

And apparently my screenshot is snazzy. biggrin Hehe. Too bad it got a little blurry. I might redo it later.

Thanks for any feedback guys. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm
Intrigues me, this does. Could we also use the flipbook method with comics that are like the Sam and Max interactive comics?  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:27 pm
It's a pretty powerful bit of code. I would love to see a comic in there!! smile

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my original post, this site was created in Adobe Flex.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:39 pm
SilverVixen
It's a pretty powerful bit of code. I would love to see a comic in there!! smile
Sorry, I forgot to mention in my original post, this site was created in Adobe Flex.

Ahh, would you happen to have the tutorial used to make the site?  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items