Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here's a poll
  PollyPollPollz
View Results

Purge In My Breakfast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:22 pm
I have 2 scars on my foot, circle ones. They're small but people always notice them for some reason. One is dented into my skin, the other is flat.

Mum said I can have a tattoo to cover them when I'm 17 because they've been there for years and years and I'm sick of them.

Can they tattoo over scars?

Can they tattoo over scars that are kind of dented into the skin?

I've never ever had a tattoo before, so in all honesty, does it hurt? My friend told me that tattoos hurt more on scars and that they don't show up too well?

I wasn't going to get anything big, just a little black cat and moon so my foot looks pretty again, instead of interestingly ugly...

I can't wear pretty flip-flops or open shoes because of it, its really been ******** over my self-confidence.

Can't even go swimming coz of it.

I have a big birthmark on my back that people always have to talk to me about, but I don't mind because I've always had it, my scars are a relatively new thing and they're ugly and go purple when my feet are cold.

I <3 My birthmark smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:43 pm
Tattooing over scars has so much to do with each individual scar and you have to be ready for a not perfect outcome. Sometimes the ink doesn't take too well the first time and you'll have to get it touched up a lot.
Some tattoo artists won't tattoo over scars too.
So to get an answer that will have anything to do with your foot, you'd need to talk to the tattoo artist that you want to work with. They can look at it and decide if they can do a good job or not.
Your scar is old which is good because most people have to wait at least a year or so before their scar can be tattooed over.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Purge In My Breakfast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:56 pm
Yeah the scars are about 3 years old, possibly more but I can't remember.

The scars are small, one's not as bad as the other but it would really help if they could tattoo over it, I don't mind the touching up as I can afford it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:11 am
I have alot of old scars on my left arm and I asked a really artist about it and she said it was no problem even though they stand out. It was because they was so old. I might need touch ups, but she said it would be a small problem. And I`m so gonna cover that s**t with tattoos.  

Amens

Naughty Veteran

24,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:38 am
My boyfriend has tattoos over scars. The ink doesn't stick as well, but other than that, that seems to be the only issue. I don't know about how it was pain-wise. Not much different, I guess. Just be ready for frequent touch ups.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:10 am
If they are three years old it should be fine to tattoo over.
I cant really say if they can be or cant be without actually seeing them.
It may need to be touched up as scars dont hold ink all that well... as for pain. Its different for every person, sometimes tattooing over scar tissue can hurt more, sometimes it makes no difference.
The least they could do for you is design something that will hide them if they cant go right over.
and just to warn you, the feet are a sensitive spot to get tattooed. lots of nerves and not much meat to take the impact of the needle. It might suck getting it, but its only a small time of pain for something beautieful.  

Artimus_Twitch

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff