Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
December Contest - Christmas Cards!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna enter?
Hell yeah!
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Maybe, if I get some inspiration
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
No. Bah humbug to you.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:56 am
Since tis the season to be jolly, this months subject is a Christmas Cards!.

Specifications
Design the front (and inside, if you like) of a Christmas card. It can include anything you like that reminds you of Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, you are welcome to design a card for the winter season (or summer, as it is where I live xd ) or another event occurring at a similar time of year.

This time, you can use stock images not created by you, but please be sure that you are not breaching any rules, and give credit with a link to the orignal image and its creator. Make sure that you do put some work into it though; I don't want to see any scanned Christmas cards :XP

I'd like for anyone in the guild to be able to print out and use any of the cards posted here (for personal use only, of course) so please state clearly if you feel strongly against your entry being used like this.

Submissions are due by the end of Saturday, 1st January. A poll will be run to decide the winner.

The Prize
Should be able to get hold of a December Letter for the prize, but if you have anything you'd like to donate as a prize, pelase PM me.

Rules
1. You may submit as many entries as you like.
2. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be in the running for the prize.
3. I shouldn't have to say this, but please no inappropriate or unoriginal material.

Post your submissions here, and also feel free to discuss any ideas you might have. If you have any suggestions for future contests, please suggest them here.

Good luck to everyone!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:42 am
hey are E-cards okay?  

Wolven Lurker

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:26 pm
Wolven Lurker
hey are E-cards okay?
Absolutely. Sorry, I didn't think of that before redface Yup, E-cards are fine.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:48 pm
Oooh animated e-cards would be fun....

Great idea for the December contest Chisa!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:42 am
ooooo i'm gunna have fun with this one xd if i get ideas stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:54 am
Yeah it would be fun I got an old orential idea. as with the old sleighs ect its gonna show a secne of a snow covered town with people and stuff moving in a loop and on top an air plane would fly over saying merry X-mas.  

Wolven Lurker

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:06 am
Anybody started yet? I haven't even had time to sketch out some concepts crying  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:23 am
Woohoo, I actually got some xmas cards done! They feature two of my original characters, one who is yet to be named, and Selene.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm working on figuring out the php to set up a customizable e-card thingo, and the To and From will go in the spaces I've left there. I'll share the code here when I get around to figuring it out!

More entries are on their way.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Caolfhionn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:43 am
Well, these are the designs I've been slapping on the front of the cards I'm selling this year:

black kitty

User Image

white kitty

User Image

...but I'm probably going to do something better, too.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:46 am
Aww how cute! Yesssss enter as many times as you like!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

That Crazy Botvinnik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:09 pm
Simplistic piece by me.
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:48 am
Sounds like fun. I already have some plans for what to do. I'll join in if I have the time and motivation. biggrin  

Sinequan_150mg

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:12 am
well, I pulled out my digital camera the other day while it was snowing and took some holiday photos so.. here are my cards ^_^

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games