Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Let's do a bit of critical reading

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:21 pm
You won't have eyes tonight. You won't have ears or a tongue; you will wander the underworld blind, deaf and dumb...

What do you guys make of the following?

Quote:
circumstances? It's just like I said.

I felt something beyond and within me. Pretty much, my awakening was the process of trial and error as I attempted to identify what this feeling was. So

1.) figured out I was inhuman
2.) figured out I was an angel

To be honest, there is nothing that definitively says I'm an angel. Even though I've had experiences dealing with God, who would adress me by my angelic name. But I still believe, even if there is evidence both confirming and denying I'm an angel. That's true faith.

Ultimate reality is a pain in the a**. But that wont stop me from trying to discover it.

Magick. It's funny. I walk the tightrope between logic and intuition. Between science and magick. That's just the type of stubborn, skeptical b*****d I am. icon_4laugh.gif

From a guild I joined, where I try to espouse the wonders of modern science in a community full of 15th century thinkers (or earlier?)

...and all the dead will know: this is Hector, fool who thought he killed Achilles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:38 pm
You have faith you're an angel, but you compartmentalize that away from your knowledge that the gas has to be pushed for a car to go and the switch needs to be flipped for the lights to turn on. ASTOUNDING!

"A casual stroll through an insane asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~ Nietzsche  

Theophrastus

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:52 pm
An awakening of an inner inhuman, an "angel". It sounds sort of like a schizophrenic personality emerging. A hyper-Christian personality emerging from a mind of an agnostic. But it seems this new personality is taking over the original personality. By schizophrenic I mean a second personality, not another entity, sorta like a hormonal woman (no offense but it can be like night and day).  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games