epic win bishes!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue-eyed wonder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:16 pm
User Image

So I finally sucked it up and went and got my eyebrow pierced.
That wasn't bad at all!

My friend kept going on and on about how much it was going to hurt.
I think the clamp hurt worse than the needle. xd

The only bad thing is I keep forgetting it's there, and so my hand will reach up to scratch something, and I'll bump it, but even then it doesn't hurt half as bad as my botched industrial did. blaugh

Any advice on the best way to take care of it/how often to clean it?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 pm
Congrats on a new shiny!

My advice is LITHA. Your body is actually amazing when it comes to healing itself. Just keep it dry and don't let anything get on it. Should something happen to dirty it up, use a castile soap and distilled water to clean it. Blot dry with sterile guaze. If you feel the need to do more, do a dry hot compress by getting wash cloth, soak it in hot water, place wash cloth in a ziploc baggy, place sterile guaze between you and the baggy, let baggy rest on piercing for 10-15 minutes. Do this as often as you like becasue it helps with circulation, which is key to healing your new piercing.

Happy healing!  

vafalla

Original Vampire

Blue-eyed wonder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:21 pm
User Image

So so far I've been taking good care of it. I tried your idea of the hot compresses vafalla, and they are wonderful right before bed.

I looked in the mirror this morning, and there is some major bruising. I was kind of surprised, but I called my piercer, and he said it was normal, and that some people bruise after an eyebrow piercing.

Here's a pic of it. ^^

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:13 pm
Yay! I'm glad my advice helps! Hot compresses jsut feel so good anyway. Thanks for the pic.  

vafalla

Original Vampire

apanda999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:54 pm
The bruising is completely normal. Looks to be a little deep, nothing major. Also, you may want to change it to a curved barbell after you give it about 3 weeks to heal up enough to do a change. The barbells have a lower rejection rate than cbr's. Happy healing!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:07 pm
User Image

I plan on changing it to a curved barbell as soon as the swelling is completely gone. My piercer said that having a cbr for the first few weeks made cleaning a hell of a lot easier, and I was willing to follow his advice.

As for an update - the swelling is almost completely gone. It still smarts if I hit it too hard, but nothing major. I'm able to sleep on that side, and touch it without pain and stuff like that. Healing seems to be going well, and I'm probably going to change it to a curved barbell withing the next 1-2 weeks.

User Image

Blue-eyed wonder

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces