Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Does it really suck that much?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgenstern_Engel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:35 pm
So, I often read about other people's problems on the internet and think - "Well, damn. That's not as bad as some of the s**t that's happened to me." I know to the people it happens to it's a big deal but to people who've seen worse it looks so dumb to be so upset over something that seems small to them. I know this includes things that have happened to myself of course. I know there's plenty of people who have been through worse than I have. That's probably one of the reasons I never talk about my problems online. XD
Where was I going with this one? o__O I've forgotten. Anyways, maybe I was thinking people could discuss the issue. Or something. I 'unno. I think I was mostly rambling. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 pm
it really doesnt matter though..i mean thats what the forum is for..whether the problem be big or small, if people ask for help, we give it.. 3nodding  

hitmeibleed

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:15 pm
The only thing I really hate is when you've been through sooo much more than the person who is asking for help.
I like helping people out (mostly cuz I'm older, I've been through more and I understand more) but sometimes people will ask questions I at one point had but now see as an easy fix.
So now when I see a post that is something along the lines like: "What should I do if I think my parents are going to get divorced?" I have that answer now...and its so obvious what that is...
but...then it wasnt what I wanted to hear or could grasp the concept of.

But I do try to help by saying what really needs to be done.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:57 am

I almost agree with you.
I've been through a lot of crap, too (mostly just recently), and some things are easier to answer than others. I don't really post my problems, either.
Some things may seem smaller to us, but I really don't want to see anyone bashing someone unless it really IS rediculous, or it's not serious.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Morgenstern_Engel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:26 am
I would never think of bashing anyone. I like to help myself and when it's something that doesn't seem as big a deal to me it's actually easier for me to answer the question. It's good for the people posting the problems that other people have been through worse because those are usually the people who help the most. Unless they're assholes and just tell them their problem is petty of course. o__O  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:53 am

Oh, I never said you would, I'm just saying that I don't want to see it here.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:35 pm
Ashleigh knows I'm a good girl.
I only bash people if they are idiots...and most of the time pretty much everyone thinks the exact same thing.
I tend not to ask for advice on gaia because I've gottent to the point in my life where I can figure things out for myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:19 pm

Oh yes, Erin is a good girl, and absolutely wonderful.
I don't post my problems on Gaia, or anywhere, really. I just talk to people closer to me. There are several people on Gaia in that catagory, however.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Uebermenschen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:28 pm
That's why I never talk about anything online, unless maybe it's someone I know well, and just to that person. I hate talking about that stuff for just about that reason, afraid they;ve gone through worse, or will just kinda...I dont know, laugh at me or something...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:18 pm
Everyone has problems, my only beef is, when they continue to ask for help on the same problem, rather then taking my advice, which has a proven track record of being effective.  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:25 pm

I am so jealous of your common sense and advice-giving skills.
Mine seem to be seriously lacking in RL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:54 am
I still say the worst one, was people coming to me for dating advice, when I hadn't ever had a girlfriend at the time... strangely enough, my advice always worked out for them.  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:59 am

Now that's funny.

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items