Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
new characters - WARNING: Very LONG

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what dya think?
  Kyewlios. =^.^=
  It was very -- ooh! Butterfly!! ^3^
  >_> Brain. . . Short-circuiting. . .
  *confuzzlation* @.@
  Tell me more! <3
View Results

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:50 am
~:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.:~
Questing 2

~[I remember when we'd
Stay up late and we'd talk all night
in a dark room lit by the TV light.
Through all the hard times in my life
those nights kept me alive

<3

So my muses have been going freaking nutso over this new idea I had awhile back. It's an HP fic that started out in the times of Harry's new little kiddles and all their OC-ed ickle firsty friends, right?

Well, I decided I would go back in time and outline their parents history a little bit, particularily the main character's mother. . . BIG mistake. Now I have a whole other fanfic blooming under my nose and it's growing so fast my poor little hands can't keep up.
I love my new story and I love how it's going, but sadly, it wants nothing to do with the computer. . . Which is rather odd, because most of my stories refuse to be written by hand and only come about when I'm typing, so that my writings can keep up with my thoughts, but nuuuuuuuu. Not this one. This one wants to be completely hand written. *sigh* I haven't actually hand-written anything (story-wise, that is) in quite a long time, so my poor little cramping fingers aren't used to it anymore.

The MCs are Raven, Wynge, Phoenix, Aerion, Avian, and three others who still don't have names. They started out as NORMAL wizards. . . but NUUUUUU they couldn't have that. They wanted to be special.
(((for the record, all of my characters do this to me. If it's set in a normal world, without magic and stuff, they want to have psychic/magic/whatever that makes them all coolio and out of the ordinary. So I warp the story into a magic world, where everyone has magical powers. Now the characters want EXTRAordinary powers, like being part dragon, or w/e. *sigh* and if I don't oblige them, they nag and nag and nag me and my muses, which makes my muses run away and hide until I give into them and let them have whatever it is they want.)))
So anyway:

Raven: She doesn't have a special thing yet, but she is from a powerful, muggle-hating, pureblood wizarding family that hates her because she is the child of mother's unfaithfulness. She has a strange concept of beauty and a strong love for those things she considers beautiful. There's a deep attraction in her very core, for music (particularily muggle) and poetry. Her parents, obviously, disapprove.
Her parents hate her, but she lies to her friends, telling them that her parents are great, faking presents and letters from them, etc etc.

Phoenix: A pure, muggle child. No magical properties whatsoever. . . Unless you count the fact that the soul of a phoenix devoured her soul and took over her body while she was still in her mother's womb. . . ((Yeah, please don't ask me to explain how that came about)). At 12 she goes through a transformation, in which the phoenix takes further control of her body; her eyes, hair, skin, and nails change color. At 16 she goes through a further transformation, wherein she becomes a full-fledged phoenix, abandoning the shell of her body. But, sadly, she cannot leave her body for long, and must return to it. Thus, she keeps a cycle with the body until the body becomes too weary to support her any longer.

Wynge: Wynge is the only name anyone knows him by. It is, actually, his last name. He doesn't reveal his first name to anyone (not even to Raven when they're 25 years old, after having been in a band together for almost ten years). He's a member of an ancient, forgotten dragon species that are all born human and become full-fleged dragons at the (human) age of 21. At the age of 15, they start a monthly cycle of transformations, in which they become dragons for an entire 24 hours.

Arion and Avian: Are twins, a boy and a girl. They are half human and half water-nymph. Their Mother was actually the Queen of their Water-Nymph tribe. She "mysteriously" passed away when they were 7. The Nymph community is terribly prejudice against humans and never approved of Nymph-Human relations. The children only remained in the city (or even alive) because their mother was Queen. So, when she died, they could not take the rightful place upon her throne. No, instead, her distant "cousin" (who probably isn't even actually related to her by blood) take the throne and exiles the children from the city, bestowing "mercy" on them by allowing them to live outside the city's limits (or even live at all). Since their father is a wizard, they go to Hogwarts.
They are given special amulets from the city's preistess (who was a good friend of the Queen's) that will conceal the children's true appearances (blue everything [hair, skin, nails, eyes; EVERYTHING]), so that they may walk among the humans and know love, belonging, and acceptance, as they will never find it otherwise.

Nameless Girl #1: is a unicorn. . . rather a Unisus. . . or. . . Was, anyway. She was born a black Unisus, from a black Pegasus and a white Unicorn. Evil poachers saw her and, as it is an evil sin to kill a unicorn, sawed off her horn and left her be. Well, a Unicorn's magic and power is centered in its horn. When it is lost, so is their powers.
Thusly, she becomes human. She is taken in by a poor, old, dying witch living in a small cottage in the forest and goes to Hogwarts when she finally comes of age.
Never a day goes by when she doesn't think of the revenge she will wreak upon the poor slavs who stole her horn.

The other two nameless beings are still just floating, invisible beings at my side. They refuse to reveal themselves to me quite yet. The only thing I know is that they are killed by Voldy at some point along the path. . .

So yeah. . . That's how the current story is going along. So far, I've gotten chapter one finished and chapter two is getting along quite nicely. Only Raven, Phoenix, and Wynge have made appearances, though Wynge's was more of a cameo, really. xP
Then again, it's still only the second day of school. Patience is a virtue, and the characters will come about as they please, not as you demand them.

Listen to the radio play all night;
didn't wanna go home to another fight.
those nights kept me alive.]~

157/240k

Chorus from Those Nights by Skillet  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:56 am
Questing 2

~[I remember when we'd

<3

So, I figured, while I'm at it, I might as well put up the info that led to this confusing story, seen as how it did not start with Raven and her gang. No, it started with Raven's daughter, Myree, and her group of friends:

Raven Black: Engaged to Sirius right out of school, they were together for a couple years, till one day Raven got an itch up here rear and informed Sirius that if he wanted to get married, he had ten minutes to be ready to go. So they eloped and never got around to telling anyone (it was a bit hectic, what with Voldy running around killing everyone, and hunting down the Potters, and since they were in hiding, no one could visit, so it never really came up in conversation). Well, on Halloween (I believe it was Halloween), the Potters are killed and Harry is taken away. Raven, distraught by what her husband has done, the death of her dear friends, and all the acusatory looks from her neighbors, moves back to America (where she was born) to raise the child she is soon to give birth to.

Cassiopiea Myree Black: Daughter of Raven Doesn't-Have-A-Last-Name and Sirius Black (keep reading, I'll explain it). She is conceived about a month before Sirius's fall through the veil. She is a year older than Teddy, so she doesn't actually grow up with the Jr Potters, but she knows them. She hates her name, so only her Mother can call her Cassiopeia (which she only does one she's angry) or Cassie. Everyone else calls her Myree (pro nounced Mer-Ree).

Karinthea Lestrange: Daughter of Bellatrix and Rodolphus (or so they tell everyone). Her mother IS Bella, but no one is really sure if Rodolphus is REALLY the father, but everybody knows better than to bring it up. Kari is Myree's best friend of all time, even though one is a Ravenclaw and the other is a Slytherin. They were friends before school and some stupid sorting isn't going to change that.

May: Also doesn't have a last name and so far, her parents don't have names at all. We know that she's a muggle-born and that she's in Hufflepuff. . . She's very shy and quite, and a bit on the chunkier side. She and Emily are best friends, and it turns out, she went to Muggle Primary school with Myree.

Emily: No last name or parents here either. Not quite sure on her heritage either. . . I don't know much about her, currently, except that she lives around the corner from May and the two became friends and continue to be friends, even though Emily is Gryffindor and May is Hufflepuff.

The four girls (May, Emily, Myree, and Kari) meet up during Winter vacation because they are of the small few still staying in the castle, each for their own reasons.
Myree's mother (Raven) is on tour with her famous Wizarding Band, so there's no one at home.
Kari's dad is ill and staying at St. Mungo's. She would usually stay at Myree's house at times like this, but since Raven isn't home, they both stay at Hogwarts.
I'm not quite sure why May stays, but I'll figure it out.
Emily stays because she sleeps in and misses the train back home. Her parents tell her that she should be more responsible and now has to suffer the punishment of staying over durring the holidays for her. . . lack of said responsibility.
So they meet up, Myree and May recognize each other and introduce their friends to each other and the four start hanging out and causing trouble all over the castle. The next year, Teddy joins their group and the year after that, Victoire.

So, I decided I was going to do a little bit of background on the parents. You know, figure out who the crap they are, where they came from, and a few important moments in their lives, so that I can get a basic grasp of them.
Well. . . My muses decided to toss out the four girls and pick up a group of eight others and they became Raven & Co.
Since my characters are the ones telling the story, my muses are the ones relating the story, and I'm just the one typing the story. . . There isn't much I can do about it. If I say no to something, they characters fill out at my muses and then my muses refuse to speak to me. . . So, I've go no choice.
Hopefully though, some day I shall return to these four and finish their story. . .

157/240k

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:00 am
O.o Good gods...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:02 am
Questing 2

~[I remember when we'd

<3

xD I knew I was going to get a response similar to that from AMK. <3 Her attention span is too short to read all that.

157/240k

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:54 pm
Nooo, I read it all. Well, the first part.

But the length isn't what I was referring to. Good GODS. eek  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 pm
I like Wynge, 'cause that's really fun to say. WYNNNNGEE!!!

Anyways, this sounds like a really, REALLY interesting read. I'm all 'ascited.  

Voxxx

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff