Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Top 100 Internet Fundamentalist Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:10 pm
SkeletonPhoenix
"Just recently my son Bobby came out to me. I had been worried for awhile. His teachers said most of his grades were slipping and he seemed depressed and withdrawn.

Bobby said he'd been hiding it for awhile because he was afraid I would reject him. I sat him down and told him that I loved him and that God loved him, but that his salvation was in danger if he did not resist his unnatural tempations. I told him how being gay would mean he would live a shorter life, and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are. He started crying saying something along the lines of "I knew you wouldnt understand! You're just like everyone else!" before running to his room and slamming the door.

What did I do wrong? I dont want to lose my son, but I fear I already have. I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.

Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son

I swear this exact quote was in American history X and that's about neo-Nazis.

We just call them skinheads down here. Thankfully, not many folks care for them much.

And that's proof of the great irony of Christianity. A woman, viewing herself only in the light of a caring mother, effectively alienates her son in an act of repulsive ignorance.

Just like Nazis. Hardly any of them actually hated Jews because they didn't like jews. Everyone else said they should hate Jews.
(Reductum ad Hitlerum is in effect)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:46 pm
Yeah.... The first time I read these I was significantly younger and I assumed that most of them were people posing as fundies and making fun of them. I was underestimating the power of stupidity both in terms of people and in terms of religion. Also John Gabriel's greater internet dickwad theory.  

Viasol

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:25 am
wow... the extent of human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

thanks for the laugh!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:22 pm
Quote:
"[there is no theological justification for the wearing of the veil]

You are a devil.
Your answer is in Chapter Noor.
You will rot in HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL HELL, HELL
HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL HELL, HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL HELL,
HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL HELL, HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL
HELL, HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL HELL, HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL
HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL HELL HELL, HELL HELL, HELL, HELL, HELL

Promoter of nudity, your FLESH WILL EATEN BY SAQQAR , WA MA ADRAKKA MA
SAQQAR OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND
OVER AND OVER AND OVER
OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER
OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!! "

I wouldn't worry as much if I was at the receiving end of this. I heard Hells 65-67 aren't as bad as they sound.  

PrezarioKaiser

Lunar Falcon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:35 pm
Quote:
" Other "advantages" of being an atheist
There is no objective moral right and wrong so you can:
1) Rape women and laugh about it to your friends
2) Kill children just for the fun of it
3) Have sex with animals
4) Kill millions of people because they are a different race or are religious
5) Lie
6) Cheat
7) Steal
cool Murder
9) Kill babies and call it abortion and dehumanize those being killed
10) Cheat on your wife and abandon your own children
If atheism is true and there is no objective right or wrong then the above actions can never be wrong; they can only be a personal opinion of a person, culture or society. If there is no God, then there is no justice for those killed and no consequences. "

I don't feel the desire to do any of that and am highly opposed to it all. Well except I am in support of a woman's right to choose.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:05 pm

All of the above, save for abortion, which is an issue unto itself, are wrong because they harm others. It's a simple prospect.

(And INCLUDING abortion, if that's your stance on it.)

Tenth Speed Writer

Ironfrost77

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:23 pm
here is afew i found to be either Funny, or downright disturbing.

Quote:
"[about a girl being born with mental disabilities]

This girl is like a leper so what she needs to do is try and find god

if she really believes she can be healed from this state, she will be healed from this state

Most afflictions like this are caused by sins committed while still inside the womb. If she can repent for what she does god will embrace her and make her as human as you or me but if she chooses not to she'll always be like this

god tests every one of us [emphasis added]"

what the hell sorta sins can you commit in the womb?

Quote:
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

yeah! ******** knowing stuff.

Quote:
"If atheists have their way, every christian will be marched at gunpoint, then shoved into a concentration camp and murdered.

Atheists have a very sadistic side, almost satanic nature, They suffer from elitism,snobbery and vanity. They are worse than any sort of fundamentalist!! and yes you heathen scum can report me to the Admin.

Delete my post Admin/Mods! Because sometimes the truth hurts and you will just go to show that your Biased."

*sighs* some day....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:16 pm
Wow. I honestly just died a little inside.  

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:54 am
Ironfrost77

Quote:
"[about a girl being born with mental disabilities]

This girl is like a leper so what she needs to do is try and find god

if she really believes she can be healed from this state, she will be healed from this state

Most afflictions like this are caused by sins committed while still inside the womb. If she can repent for what she does god will embrace her and make oher as human as you or me but if she chooses not to she'll always be like this

god tests every one of us [emphasis added]"

what the hell sorta sins can you commit in the womb?

Kicking! It hurts, you son of a b***h! Cut it... cut it the ******** out! DAMN IT. (Yeah...)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:24 pm
There's no sun, and atheists are muslims.

Oh, man. Throwing paper at gay people? That's disgusting.  

Prince Rilian

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:02 pm
"Evidence that the Bible is God's Word

1. It claims to be.

Example:
2 Timothy 3:16 - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness""

XD When I read that, I laughed my a** off. I'm still laughing, and probably will keep laughing everytime I hear that piece of stupidity.

"I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it."

... XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:48 pm
A fresh supply of this bullshit comes in on an almost daily basis. The homepage, as you may have guessed, is http://www.fstdt.com/

Here are a couple of the better ones in the "Latest Comments" section:

Quote:
"I say scrap the evolution theory because i dont know about u but i dont want another holocaust."

This just ******** boggles my mind. I can't even begin to imagine what lightyear-long segue caused him to link these two together.

Quote:
"How is it plausible that languages are evolved??????? it's not possible - evolution does not exist, the Bible says so. Can you prove what you are saying??? I don't think so because you're saying 'i'm right and you're wrong'. Science does not prove me wrong infact the majority of scientists don't believe in evolution."

A powerful testament to the human mind's ability to brainwash itself. Psychologically, holding such a belief in the face of obvious evidence (evolution is not mentioned in the Bible and polls indicate the majority of scientists accept evolution) is considered a delusion.

EDIT: I read this comment again and realized I completely missed the obvious thing, which is that linguistic evolution/etymology and biological evolution are two separate things.

Quote:
"Atheists are ****ing annoying. All you guys do is ***** and whine about how religious people are harming society. Wasn't for religion, odds are we wouldn't BE here right now. So to you little non-conformist punks who do it cuz religion sucks: get ****ing real."

This was on GameFAQs, so you be the judge of its merit.  

ProjectOmicron88

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 am
Gah I can't loadz it.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items