Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
where is one favorite spot to do your crafts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rise_of_the_hot_tamale

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 pm
dining room table  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 pm
I like to do my craft in bed during the few hours before I go to sleep. It's relaxing and helps my mind let go of things so I get to sleep faster ^_^  

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:39 am
I do most of my crafting in bed, I have a small craft nook where I store some supplies and mark out patterns.
For larger projects, I go outside to the barn loft (I live on a small farm) and use the table up there  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08 am
I like crafting in bed or in front of the computer. The computer is horrible on my back, ugh, but I love being able to talk to people and craft at the same time. When I wanna escape the perils of my life, the bed is the warmest place to curl up.  

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

ediboyo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:22 pm
on my cozy bed (wow! lots ah people do. cool) or at the kitchen table for big or more cautious stuff. i once burned a whole in a comforter with my wood burner heh. not one of my brightest moments heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:29 am
Yikes! Well, just so the hole was only in your comforter. . . XD  

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:20 pm
On my bed. In my old room, space was a precious comodity, so I did just about everything while sitting on my bed (which took up 2/3 of the room). Now I've got a bigger space and I keep trying to set up an artsy-space, but I always end up dragging fabric scraps and whatnot onto my bed smile

Also, a fantasy movie MUST be playing if I am to craft. Or my boyfriend has to play Europa Universalis because I like the bg music ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:45 am
My parents' room. Which is also the garage. sweatdrop

I just sit cross-legged on the rug while I sew. While that is the most comfortable position for me, my leg falls asleep every time. stressed  

Sweet Imaginary Friend

elletricity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 am
haha i usually do my crafts during classtime ^____^;;
but i like to sit outside on the grass when the weather is warm and sunny
and just do some knitting or friendship bracelets or whatnot  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:18 am
My new house has a window seat, that I love crafting on. Perfect lighting, and the views not terrible.  

Moonhail

ShinobiRedScarf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 am
I tend to lug all the yarn downstairs and set up shop (so to speak) on the couch in front of the tv. It is just the most convenient place.

If I'm working on something messy then I usually try and restrict myself to the dining room table (as I can easily put down newspaper).

I need to find a better place for both activities since neither one is actually all that comfortable or spacious. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:00 pm
I normally play an audiobook on my laptop and sit on my bed to knit or crochet (I live in a dorm so space is limited.) But if my craft is portable, I'll take it just about anywhere and work on it in my spare moments. ^_^ I love taking it to meetings or classes and seeing peoples surprised looks, or meeting other crafters. It's just so much fun!  

Evagaline

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces