Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
What the heck? Shuddup!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:17 pm
A while ago I went to see a movie with one of my friends, it had been something I wanted to see and I wanted to enjoy the film. So we're sitting there with some poppin corn in the back row, and the theater was pretty packed, but that wasn't a good thing for the viewers. During the movie there was over a total of 7 cellphone users that I saw and heard; there was one next to me, one next to my friend, and of course one right in front of me (ha, surround sound). The lady in front of me was basically screaming during the whole thing, screaming at her kids to sit down and shut up while she was screaming to the person on the other end of the phone, "I can't hear you! I'm in the movie theater!" I just wanted to take the phone out of her hands and throw it. There was only one person who was nice enough to walk out of the theater to use the phone. And then you have the classic baby cry heard from a mile with some kids talking about the rocks or sand on the screen followed by girls laughing and giggling. The whole night was basically a free for all. I couldn't here most of the movie.

So, have you had a bad movie theater experience?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:23 pm
Yes, I'm freakin watchin Spider-Man 3 at my local theater. And there are these kids sitting a row in front of me shelling out spoilers! "Oh he dies" or "Spiderman gets this and loses that." God dang I was so close to strangling them...I hate children...  

DumberDan

StrawBerryApple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm
I was once one of those people.

I was watching ((in a theater)) Pirates of the Caribean three with my girlfriend, and it was near the end I just kept shouting.. (I had never seen the movie)...

"HE's GANNA GET STABBED, HE'S GANNA GET STABBED"
To shut me up she had to put her hands over my mouth. >3>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:59 pm
DumberDan
Yes, I'm freakin watchin Spider-Man 3 at my local theater. And there are these kids sitting a row in front of me shelling out spoilers! "Oh he dies" or "Spiderman gets this and loses that." God dang I was so close to strangling them...I hate children...

I remember when i saw that. Only there was some fat kid in the front, when something happened with MJ and the kid yells "Ooh, I'm telling spidey!" It was kinda funny but then the went on and on and got old real fast.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ah! My Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:05 pm
Bad experience?

Having kids who like to fidget behind you kicking your seat and even when you turn around and tell their parents to make them stop they don't.

Being 5'2" and stuck behind someone who is 6'+. I go to the extent of putting my feet all over the chair in front of me so people don't sit in front of me so I can actually see the movie.

Best experience?

Knowing someone who pre-screens movies for production companies and getting an entire row of seating to your self because he deems you special.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:17 pm
I remember I was going to see PotC 3 by myself and all on the first day it came out.
There were these chicks sitting behind me and when a "scary" part came up, one of them would scream into their hands. :/

It just bothered me...because Pirates of the Caribbean is like...not scary at all. It has some gross parts, but none that I find to be worthy of screaming.

Then there was this other time, I forget for what movie, but these kids sitting next to me and my friends kept talking and then asking, "what happens next?" and all that s**t. Or they'd loudly make their little predictions.
I felt like slapping them. xD

But theaters aren't nearly as bad as when I'm watching a movie at home with my dad.
He has this "great" tendency to state the most obvious things in the movie. D:<
You know...
Like when someone gets stabbed, and thus dies...he'll say, "He/she's dead."
I hate watching movies with him unless I've seen the movie hundreds of times already and know what the hell is going on.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

singull

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:43 pm
no i dont go the movies that often...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:55 am
Worst experience at a movie theater for me:

My family and I went to go see some horror movie (it was either Darkness or Darkness Falls; I'm not quite sure which, for obvious reasons) at some really ghetto theater because my step-brother liked that one more than the one here in town. Anyway, we went in and sat down, waiting for the movie to start and a bunch of annoying people were laughing like hyenas at the very front of the theater and kept it up for at least 20 minutes into the movie. Right after one of the guys said something along the lines of, "shut up, b***h! This ain't the ********' Wayne Brady Show," my step brother got up and went to go get an usher/the manager/SOMEBODY. About five minutes after leaving, he and at least two ushers come into the theater and he starts pointing out where the loud people were, but he didn't even bother to do it quietly so that they wouldn't notice (i.e. he was yelling very loud).

Well, upon hearing that they were going to get thrown out, they scattered like cockroaches and started jumping in random seats around the room and one of them was stupid enough to jump into my step brother's seat (right next to me, mind you. It was a very uncomfortable experience). So, my step brother comes to sit back down while the ushers are looking for the people and when he sees the guy in his seat, he grabs him by the shirt and holds him up, yelling, "here's one of the f*ckin' n*ggers right here!" and continues to scream very inappropriate racist terms. As I mentioned, this was a VERY ghetto theater and almost EVERYONE that was there was of the African American ethnicity. A lot of them started yelling at him about being a racist b*****d and threatening to "bust a cap in his a** when they see his a** outside."

Right after the movie, everyone ran to the car as fast we could and got the hell out of there. It wasn't a moment too soon either because when I looked back, I noticed a huge group of people chasing our car and screaming. Needless to say, we never went to that theater with my step brother again.

x___X;;;;

Shadow Coon

Usagimitai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:05 pm
When I was little and the little mermaid was out in theaters for the second time (that was before they had new movies coming out every week I guess lol)
During the trailers at the begining I was trying to get comfy. And when the movie started the kid behind me started talking through the entire movie. " OO a dolphin!" "look a fish" and so on. This kid was old enough to know your supposed to be quiet in a movie @_@ but when I turned around and asked his had if he could be quiet his dad made a snotty remark about how I was moving around during the trailers! -.- stupid people!

I remember that over half my life now @_@ lol  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:14 pm
Hmm...I can't remember what movie it was I went to see but there was this huge group of girls giggling and laughing throughout the entire damn movie.
I don't go to the movies that much anymore. Due to the fact of getting so pissed off at these people I have to resist walking over to their seat and shoving the popcorn bag into their mouth to get them to stop talking -eyetwitch-  

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:10 pm
Did you ever have the person who stares at you the whole time?
o_O
Dude, not cool.  
[MADG]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces