Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Can people become psych vampires

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow emperor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:39 pm
I know I spelled it wrong but is there a way. My friend says he is a vampire is there any other kind out there/  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:53 pm
For most people that I have come across, Vampirism is more a game to them and they know very little about the concept other than what hollywood has told them. They have dreams of the Vampiric lifestyle being like what they read in Anne Rice or in the newer Underworld movies. That being said, I am in no way trying to discredit your friend and the fact that you mention psychic vampirism at least says you've looked into Vampirism a little more than the average person. (Really though, if your on here you obviously did some research into the matter and are actually interested in the idea.)

My personal take on the matter is that as far as psychic vampirism goes is that you cannot be "turned". But you can do relatively the same thing. I honestly see Psychic Vampires are split into two different catagories, one the one hand you have those who honestly crave and need to feed on the energies of others. On the other hand, you have the group who have learned the ability to feed off others energies. The second group feeds out of a pure desire to do so and for the feeling of empowerment they get, but they don't suffer the craving of those who need the energy.

I don't really remember some of the sources that I've found over the years and honestly, I think many of them are probably non-existant at this point but if you search I'm sure you can probably find a thorough explanation of the process for "feeding". I'm thoroughly convinced that several of them do work as i've attempted the process myself in the past. I think you can probably come up with your own process if you'd like and those personalized techniques/rituals/whatever you want to call it do tend to work out a little better than those that someone else has made, at least from personal experience.

Just my opinion on the matter, feel free to debate/add to/tell me I'm wrong and the like. I can definitely add to this at a later point as I spent a great deal of time searching into the Vampire myths/legends/lifestyle/and of course the true concepts of Vampirism as they exist outside their hollywood grandeur.

AmongstTheFallen

aeSentinel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:18 am
Psychic vampirism will always be a joke and an insult to the occult community until the real psychic vampires can finally pick a name that doesn't associate them with stupid teenagers and AD&D players.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:26 am
nice.  

Isewolf

Chinko-chan

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 am
Yes, People can become psychic Vampires, in my line of practice I've dealt with a few. However I must say the people who were psychic vampires didnt realize it. I have really bright energy and when I read tarot cards it tends to go everywhere. People who are mentally unhealthy tend to feed on it. They'll keep coming back for readings to get that energy buzz, and its really draining on the reader.

We also call them energy addicts. They either need to correct the imbalance their having, or they need a security blanket item. (Like a talisman or the like)

As for actual vampire culture, I dunno I've never met a vampire in the literal sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 am
I've known a vampire and still keep in touch with him, yes, he has taught me psychic abilities before. If you want to continue or have questions go ahead.  

Nocturoe Nara

Dizzy - atari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:45 am
AmongstTheFallen
For most people that I have come across, Vampirism is more a game to them and they know very little about the concept other than what hollywood has told them. They have dreams of the Vampiric lifestyle being like what they read in Anne Rice or in the newer Underworld movies. That being said, I am in no way trying to discredit your friend and the fact that you mention psychic vampirism at least says you've looked into Vampirism a little more than the average person. (Really though, if your on here you obviously did some research into the matter and are actually interested in the idea.)

My personal take on the matter is that as far as psychic vampirism goes is that you cannot be "turned". But you can do relatively the same thing. I honestly see Psychic Vampires are split into two different catagories, one the one hand you have those who honestly crave and need to feed on the energies of others. On the other hand, you have the group who have learned the ability to feed off others energies. The second group feeds out of a pure desire to do so and for the feeling of empowerment they get, but they don't suffer the craving of those who need the energy.

I don't really remember some of the sources that I've found over the years and honestly, I think many of them are probably non-existant at this point but if you search I'm sure you can probably find a thorough explanation of the process for "feeding". I'm thoroughly convinced that several of them do work as i've attempted the process myself in the past. I think you can probably come up with your own process if you'd like and those personalized techniques/rituals/whatever you want to call it do tend to work out a little better than those that someone else has made, at least from personal experience.

Just my opinion on the matter, feel free to debate/add to/tell me I'm wrong and the like. I can definitely add to this at a later point as I spent a great deal of time searching into the Vampire myths/legends/lifestyle/and of course the true concepts of Vampirism as they exist outside their hollywood grandeur.

Ahh got to love it when some one other then me knows what there talking about. Thank you.

@shadow emperor: It should be know that Psi-Vampires lack the ability to turn others. The ability to feed as AmongstTheFallen mentioned can be learnt, however the need for the feeding isn't there(not to say that one can't get addicted to the extra power and then be faced with an addictive need to feed).

Psi-vamps are actually empath's who have a mental imbalance. The could be depressed or overly happy or even always angry what ever the case may be there is something they ether have to much of or to little of. The empath's will then subconscious "feed" from other people to gain a balance.
These people will normally exhibit signs of mental distress if they have not fed in the last few days.

Normal people have the ability to correct there neural chemistry on there own, as a natural process. psi-vamps lack this ability and thus need to feed off of others emotions to correct there own emotional stability.

This is where the term psi-vampire comes into effect. as a psi-vamp lacks the ability to correct there neural chemistry a sanguine vampire lacks the ability to transfer nutrients through there own blood. they also lack the ability to absorb and brake down solid foods. how ever after a feeding they are able to both digest standard food and move the nutrition gained from that food through out there bodies.

The last type of vampire is the magic kind. These vampires lack the ability to use process magic on there own.
A normal caster has the ability to draw magic from there surroundings. through food,water and the air. A magic vampire in order to use magic must feed off of another being that has the ability to process magic.

If any one has any questions on this or any other subject feel free to pm me.
Diz  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 pm
Dizzy - atari
@shadow emperor: It should be know that Psi-Vampires lack the ability to turn others. The ability to feed as AmongstTheFallen mentioned can be learnt, however the need for the feeding isn't there(not to say that one can't get addicted to the extra power and then be faced with an addictive need to feed).

I've heard of psychic vampires draining a person to the point that they "break" and thus gain a deficiency similar to a born psychic vampire. It's thought that eventually this will heal, but that really depends on who you ask. Ditto with the idea of "breaking" a person's energy system in the first place.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Dizzy - atari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:45 am
Obscurus
Dizzy - atari

I've heard of psychic vampires draining a person to the point that they "break" and thus gain a deficiency similar to a born psychic vampire. It's thought that eventually this will heal, but that really depends on who you ask. Ditto with the idea of "breaking" a person's energy system in the first place.

When it comes to a normal health person You should think if it in the same manner as taking blood. In an average persons body there is around eight pints of blood. If i were to take out two pints your body would have recovered that in no time.

How ever if i take out six theres a very good chance your going to die. How ever providing that you know what to do in a situation such as that and that you have an adequate level of physical health the human body would recover.

Take this example and apply it to one psyche. Lets say that your average human body has eight units of energy the same processes as above should apply to this example as well.

And as with losing that much blood losing that much mental stability could have long term damaging effects. Though for the most part theres really nothing to worry about.

Last thing i should point out is that all people would have a maximum amount of mental energy they could safely store just like your body can only hold so much blood. This being said the odds of an psi-vampire actually needing or even being able to draw that much energy in a single feeding would be highly unlikely.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 pm
While there are a number of contributing factors, a simple answer is that yes, anyone can become a psychic vampire. All it requires is the ability that allows you to drain energy from another person. And that ability itself is probably little more than an extension or adaption of already well known psi abilities.

I'd think the question ought to be why anyone would -want- to be one. In nearly all cases the vampire appears to be suffering from the symptoms of addiction or an insufficiency. And listening to the vampires themselves, to the ones who appear to actually take their condition seriously, it's not a state anyone would wish to be in.  

Nymshi

Shy Stalker

Hiro Korigashine

4,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:06 am
Psi Vampires are as said Empaths. However if one knows how to control their own energy they can send their energy into another person almost like a mosquito does to anything with blood. From their they can drain a person of their energy making the person feel tired and drained. The reason one does this is because they gain energy allowing the vampire to feel much more awake and even stronger. Energy is addictive though and that is where the need to feed comes from. being turned is something that I do not know about however one can be born into it because Empathy is something that runs in a family.

Their are many kinds of Vampires out their and I have met true vampires or those that need to feed on blood but all the immortality aspect is, is that one is reborn and learns to remember thier past life and strives to return to it. All the blood sucking does is a direct line to the person's Ki/Chi or inner energy allowing them to get more Ki/chi for themselves making them more powerful in that aspect with each feed. This is the research I have done however and it seems that with Vampire "Cults" that I have had the pleasure to watch they have Feeders and Bleeders. Bleeders are those that have an over abundence of Ki/chi but dont know how to use it or just cant and so they bleed for the feeders to gain strength by drinking from the bleeders.

This is what I know and you can not beilive it if you wish I am just telling you what I have seen and what I know.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games