Graphic Version of LOTR - Why Not? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:00 am
Lol, yeah libraries are fantastic. Ours has ones with illustrations but I haven't really had enough time to look at there...XP

Manga is around if you can find them.....I did see a LOTR comic nearer to the movie release...should've bought XP.

Are you Australian too Twilit? ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:26 am
Rudhheniel
Lol, yeah libraries are fantastic. Ours has ones with illustrations but I haven't really had enough time to look at there...XP

Manga is around if you can find them.....I did see a LOTR comic nearer to the movie release...should've bought XP.

Are you Australian too Twilit? ^^

Yes, yes I am =D  

Twilit Requiem

Tanith_the_scaled_one

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:22 am
Ehm, on topic. I think anything that accurately gets the story across to the younger generation is a good thing. Until the movies came out, very few people knew anything about LOTR. The problem with the books is that even though they have affected in some way 90% of fantasy books written since 1930, they are too long to make kids read in school. It's utterly tragic, but until Peter Jackson came along, the books were slowly being forgotten. The movies drew in a lot on fans, but many of them lost interest again after a year or two. We LOTR fans are a slowly declining breed. We NEED to find a way to attract the younger generation, and make them stick with LOTR. If we do not, his genius will become simply one of those musty books that nobody bothers to care about anymore. SAVE TOLKIEN! RECRUIT THE CHILDREN!! TEACH THEM TO LOVE HIM!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:53 am
I've seen and read a graphic novel version of The Hobbit which was perfectly faithful to the book and very accessible to a younger audience. The illustrations were well done, if somewhat reminiscent of animated movie version, and all the narratives and conversations had been taken straight from the book. Really, why isn't there a similar version of Lord of the Rings? I think it would be a great idea.  

Tears of the Siren

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:45 am
I think its more the interest, and if someone's willing to do it.

I'm just wondering if you read the same graphic novel version of The Hobbit as I did. The one I read was pretty true...the qualm I had was with the depiction of the elves. Lord Thranduil in particular was rather nightmare worthy. Am hoping the movie version with have pretty elves. Whenever they get round to it.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff