Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
i found a religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rion kioji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:27 pm
Dark Pieman
rion kioji
Dark Pieman
So you believe in magic spells and everything?

neutral

ya, but its much more complicated than that

Please, do tell.

ok, well a wiccan has spells, encantations, and rituals
a spell envokes the elements, an encantatation use the power of of the wiccans spirt, and rituals envoke both
each give u doffrent results and levels of power

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am
rion kioji
Dark Pieman
rion kioji
Dark Pieman

neutral

Please, do tell.

a spell envokes the elements, an encantatation use the power of of the wiccans spirt, and rituals envoke both

Like in Baldur's Gate?  

Dark Pieman

Koravin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:47 am
Matataur
rion kioji
Shaka-FireFly
rion kioji
ok so im not one to follow an orginized religion at all
but in the past couple of months my grandma has been teaching me the ways of the wiccan. and it something i can believe in, so as of last week i am now and agnositc wiccan.

.....Why?

well its some thing i can belive in, theres still no god involved or no higher purpose, just the ability to preform spells and incantations.

But to be a Wiccan, don't you need to believe in the Old Lady and Lord? I mean, all I know about Wicca is from what I've trawled through on the ED, but it sounds like you're talking about neopaganism.
There's lots of different forms of paganism. I'm a witch too, but I don't believe in any deities, so I'm an atheist. I believe in spirits and reincarnation and such, but if I find something that outright disproves my thoughts, I'll adjust my beliefs.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 am
Dark Pieman
rion kioji
Dark Pieman
rion kioji
Dark Pieman

neutral

Please, do tell.

Like in Baldur's Gate?
Don't make fun. I cast spells too. For me, it's a way of focusing myself, another form of meditation. It puts me in a better frame of mind. Regardless if the spells physically do anything, they have an actual psychological effect. Prayer helps Christians because it's comforting to think that an all-powerful being that loves them has their back. So even if it's not true, it improves their outlook, which makes them more effective at work or wherever. Same thing with me and spells. The difference is, if I see proof against anything I believe, I adjust my beliefs. But there's no way to prove or disprove the spirit, and I really think spirits exist.  

Koravin

rion kioji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:01 pm
Koravin
Dark Pieman
rion kioji
Dark Pieman
rion kioji
Dark Pieman

neutral

Please, do tell.

Like in Baldur's Gate?
Don't make fun. I cast spells too. For me, it's a way of focusing myself, another form of meditation. It puts me in a better frame of mind. Regardless if the spells physically do anything, they have an actual psychological effect. Prayer helps Christians because it's comforting to think that an all-powerful being that loves them has their back. So even if it's not true, it improves their outlook, which makes them more effective at work or wherever. Same thing with me and spells. The difference is, if I see proof against anything I believe, I adjust my beliefs. But there's no way to prove or disprove the spirit, and I really think spirits exist.

i agree with everything up to the proof, i f someone shows me prof, it dont stop me from believen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:13 am
Ahhhhh! I'm sorry but for crying out loud I have to say something before I explode. OK so I have a friend who is into all that stuff and she invited me to try it once. The elements: Earth Fire Wind and Water are NOT elements! This is the most basic fact of chemistry, for instance water is H2O two hydrogen atoms bonded to one oxygen atom by hydrogen bonding.

I can understand meditation for that is simply power of the mind, the brain can do some interesting things in meditation but that is the only real thing I can see in that religion.

Literacy Ninja

-John Is Flippin Awesome-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:21 pm
Wiccans make me giggle,
Christians make me twitch,
Atheists make me happy,
and so does anyone with half a brain. : D

I meditate. ^^

And my grandmother just told me that she's trying to turn me from an Atheist to a Christian. I mean, I love her, but NO. D<

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:51 pm
I was wiccan a few months ago, even though before that, I was an atheist. Once I got myself to beleive in it, it was pretty easy, but after a while, the seeds of doubt began to grow.
I gave it up. It was hard to get myself to completeley give up my enthusiasm for the candles and stuff. Especially since all my friends are wiccan or pagan. Exept Poor Christian Girl.
But I have accepted again that I am atheist and always will be.  

-Luthien123-

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:04 am
rion kioji
Shaka-FireFly
rion kioji
ok so im not one to follow an orginized religion at all
but in the past couple of months my grandma has been teaching me the ways of the wiccan. and it something i can believe in, so as of last week i am now and agnositc wiccan.

.....Why?

well its some thing i can belive in, theres still no god involved or no higher purpose, just the ability to preform spells and incantations.

While the ability to cast magical spells would be super awesome, as I've been wanting to send a frostbolt into several people's asses, it isn't real. You aren't casting spells or making special incantations. Come back to Atheism, EMBRACE REALITY.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:05 am
-John Is Flippin Awesome-
Wiccans make me giggle,
Christians make me twitch,
Atheists make me happy,
and so does anyone with half a brain. : D

I meditate. ^^

And my grandmother just told me that she's trying to turn me from an Atheist to a Christian. I mean, I love her, but NO. D<

Here's the big thing, how about you help turn her from a Christian to an Atheist?  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:17 pm
Literacy Ninja
Ahhhhh! I'm sorry but for crying out loud I have to say something before I explode. OK so I have a friend who is into all that stuff and she invited me to try it once. The elements: Earth Fire Wind and Water are NOT elements! This is the most basic fact of chemistry, for instance water is H2O two hydrogen atoms bonded to one oxygen atom by hydrogen bonding.

I can understand meditation for that is simply power of the mind, the brain can do some interesting things in meditation but that is the only real thing I can see in that religion.

They're spiritual elements, not atomic ones. They're not meant to be atomic ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:46 am
Koravin
Um, no, you don't. You just think you do. Unfortunately magic ISN'T real. "REAL" spells are conjurations, healing spells that restore health, firing balls of fire from your hands, teleportation spells, curse lifting, I.E., A Mage. However, and like I said, unfortunately, magic doesn't exist. Nothing in the long run pays to be religious or superstitious.  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:10 am
I don't see how you can be agnostic and wiccan at the same time.

Agnostic is a nuetral stance. Wiccan has gods and goddesses. Once you become Wiccan you are no longer agnostic. If you try to say you are than you are contradicting yourself. You are one or the other.

That said, I believe in the church of google. It has all the answers. mrgreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm
lol, the church of google! rofl il have to use that  

Ashalkin

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 am
So funny yet so true! rofl  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash