Reply Ear Piercings
Questions: Name & Healing time.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurushindeiru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:33 am
I haven't been around in a while and I think things have changed a little bit since the last time I was here. I apologize if the answers to my question are in plain sight.

1: What is the 'proper' name for what the person has in this picture? I've been thinking about getting a piercing like it, and this picture is the closest to what I want.

2: What is the healing time on something like this? A spot like that (I'm -pretty- sure) is cartilage cartilage takes longer to heal, right?

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A70926/high/bmepb617148.jpg

I hope that link works.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:51 am
1.) I don't think that has a "proper" name, but I would just call it a series of outer helix piercings. I want to get three of those in my right ear.

2.)Healing time should be about the same as a cartilage piercing, but be careful if you get them both at the same time. If one gets pissed off, the other is likely to follow. If you take good care of it, it can heal in about 3 months, though most people will argue that it will take up to a year to heal, but that will only be the case if you do not take proper care of it.

*proper care = keep it dry, keep it clean, use only a castile soap and distilled water only when you get something on it, do lots of dry hot compresses, consider taking a daily vitamin; anything else can irritate the piercing and prolong healing  

vafalla

Original Vampire

Kurushindeiru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:54 am
1: I haven't decided if I want my right ear or left ear. I think I really like the idea of my left ear-- I just think it'll probably look good there. I don't know. xd

2: That's actually really reassuring. I know my n****e healed in decent timing-- I cleaned it twice a day for one month, then once a day for the next. I know cartilage is different, but yeah. I was afraid you'd say "omfg heelz in a year with proper kleening". 3 months I can definitely handle. xd Even if it's a little longer, that's okay.

I'll have to look into the vitamin thing, only because my mom has some trouble taking some of the vitamins out there and I never have.

I know my sister wants an industrial, so maybe we'll get ourselves punched together. I think I'd rather get both done at once, so it's done.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 am
1: It's a double helix, joined together with custom made jewellery.

2: I got my double helix pierced at different times, the lowest being the oldest one by 5 months or so.

The top one took the longest to be fully healed and was an absolute nightmare, would have taken it out if I could have bared to touch it. But now, it's absolutely fine with minor flare-ups of swelling. Nothing major.

Just be prepared for possible pain for a few months, it is worth keeping if you manage to make it through smile .  

Cross Eyed Mary

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm
I would agree with getting them both done at once.
That way onewont shift onyou while it heals and make it very painfulto wear the spiral jewelry.

As for healing... cartaledge will take longer then usual. My Daith, helix, punch all took around 8-12months-ish to heal. Everyone is different though.
Just be ready to not sleep on it...almost ever. During healing it will KILL, after if healed... sleeping on it could casue it to get angry, or just be painful for a bit. My daith still gets pissy sometimes when I sleep on it and its been there for over a year.  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games