Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
The strange and unusal things you find out.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:27 pm
This thread is about the strange and unsual things you have found out by accident or unpurpose: ex mixing the wrong things together and stuff like that.

I'll go first.

ok so as i making the molds i was using some papy powder so the mold wouldn't stick to the skull and then i started wondering what would happen if i mixed paper powder with white elmers glue and poster paaint. At first it was too over powered by the poster panit and glue so i added i na bit more baby powder and it kind came to a crumbble conssitence then i went and added a dash of salt to it to see if it would react differently ; nope. then i added a small drop of water and after afew drops it bacame like a dough/clay consistencey and iwas able to work it in my hands like clay but it felt more like dough. then i added some more water to the miix and it came to a arather thick paste like state and after a few more drops it came to an acrylic like state , I then dedie to see whta would happen if i sued like paint so i let the obejt i painted set over nit to dry and the stuff was actually pretty heavy from building layes on it, as far as i can see it doesnt make a great paint but if ican jsut get the right amounts right and to a good consisteny it could be used as some sort of filler for molds and maybe even something that can be used for dolls. but thats jsut my thinking  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:56 pm
well...I did figure out by accident that when you're making pizza from scratch with un-solid dough, that putting it on a pan with holes in it is a BAD idea. whee

For something art related, I decided to make a scarf a few weeks back (I'm still working on it sadly...I put it down and dont pick it up for a few days) and didnt know how to crochet or knit. I got a couple of books, but they all looked confusing so I devised my own way to make it. I took a large piece of cardboard box, cut 10 niches in the top, and measured out 10 peices of yarn long enough to be a scarf. I attached them tightly at the top and bottom of the cardboard piece and then took my roll of yarn and started weaving in and out of the attatched yarn strings. It's a lot like old-style weaving, and guess what? my scarf's turning out great. it doesnt take any more time than knitting or crocheting would, so my mom says.  

Saphirre89

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:59 pm
Heheh, cool ideas whee

I learned um... when working with varnish or turps, be sure to have good ventilation sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:35 pm
O_o isn't that kinda jsut um common senses? ^^' also wear mask and googles for those stufss too >_>

another one mixing salt and tempera paint, the salt leaves behind what looks like water and aborsbs the color pigments of the paint and has an unusual property of sticking to stuff after wards>_>  

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces