Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
The Storyteller

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HINT HINT
  This is a bit of a follow-up for a piece I started work on a while back.
View Results

Voxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:02 pm
The Journal of Augustine Smith
August 1, 1857*

I found a most curious article at the bookseller's today--an old bundle of letters. They were {bound by a simple leather cord. The parchment is torn, and in places, spattered with ink, and chemicals.... }

Avid scholar of history that I am, I asked the man about them. And thought he was rather vague in his reply, however, he was only too glad to lend them to me. I brought them home and began to peruse them eagerly. Poor soul! One would say that some men have no manner of luck at all.

*For clarification, this entry takes place some years after the Alchemist's death.

August 3, 1857

It's been a wretched day. The weather was tempermental as an old biddy. Having a slight cough, I was confined to the parlour for most of the afternoon, though one of my friends was kind enough to leave a bit of amusement at my disposal. It was another gift from the bookseller; this time a sort of biography. Mordeaux has become something of an obsession lately. Through the book I have discovered a bit more about the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his death. Apparently the man was a widower. His wife, Isabella, was a young Spanish girl. He met her during the course of his travels and brought her home to France. After a year, the couple was blessed with a daughter, however, the birth of a second child brought more sorrow than joy. It killed the mother, and days later the infant died as well. Mordeaux became reclusive. It was after the death of his wife that he took up the science. It is a curious tale indeed--he had hoped, I suppose, to bring her back to life. Some sort of tragedy must have put him off his course, for he virtually disappears from the history books for a period of five years. I must know why. He was a brilliant man. He studies seemed to have been going well. What could have deterred him?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 pm
DOOM.

That is all.  

KirbyVictorious

UsakoTenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:33 pm
Yay!

About the name Mordeaux, I was wondering if it had some type of meaning and what langauge it was. Also, how's it pronouced?
It's a really cool name, I believe. >w<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:35 pm
More-dough. XD  

KirbyVictorious

UsakoTenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:03 pm
more-dough? xD really?

I always though it as More diox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:43 pm
Moor the ox. XD

No, French people love useless letters and syllables. -eaux is pronounced oh.  

KirbyVictorious

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:39 pm
Interesante! biggrin

Uh, is this a fanfic off of The Alchemist? Man, I loved that book to death...

And I want to know what "deterred" this man! scream  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff