Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Nova's short short.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:09 pm
A flower is more than a flower you know. It may wear it's colors on the outside, but underneath, unseen by the world, are it's roots; pale things that grow just as the flower above it grows.

Are they to be valued less than the pedals and leaves, just because those roots are pale and unseen?

_(>")>/)
[____]~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~Q~~~~~Q~~
Q~~~~~~~~Q~~~~~
~>o>~~~~~~~~~~~

[Gone fishing][Be back in: _Later_ ]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm
3nodding I totally see where you're coming from with this one. Very nice. Enjoy your feeshes.  

Voxxx

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:00 pm
It starts off amazing.
But its almost to short.. of a short.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:19 am
This sounds like a good idea for a poem, or that ultra-important line on which a story/book turns. 3nodding  

Reese_Roper

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:53 am
I like it. ^^ Go put it in Takky's quote thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:58 pm
Lovely. >w<  

UsakoTenshi

Sors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:32 pm
Sors
Very nice, now just add to something longer?
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:21 am
What is with thou authors and size. If I didn't know any better I woulth think that thou place too much value in breadth and length of text, and not it's meaning.

Such a suggestion is folly though, for it would mean that my message has either remained hidden, behind a hidding space that does not properly cover up all it's parts, or that my message has simply been disregarded.

Alas, perhaps the roots really are to be enjoyed less than the flower itself, despite the fact that they bring life and love to the colors above.

[thank you for participating in this poem]

[though, I must admit, I did not participate it in the start...]  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:29 am
KirbyVictorious
I like it. ^^ Go put it in Takky's quote thread.

I would but then I would be quoting myself and Im told that, that is rather annoying.

-shrug- thank you though : )

@ everyone else: and thanks for the input/praise. Note that the post prior to this one was only suggesting to a few of you; of which I hold no grudge.

Im sad to say that I caught wind of a further elaborated didactic message in your words, and I was henceforth inspired.

I'm sorry. ^_-  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:33 am
Voxxx
3nodding I totally see where you're coming from with this one. Very nice. Enjoy your feeshes.

They're actually Q's, or so it turns out, with little nutritional value. Oh well.  

NovaKing

Sedec

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am
I love its simplicity. If you were to elaborate on it anymore you would ruin it. heart

Perhaps you could, however, place the sentences on different parts of the page. For example: one sentence or word on the far left, a few in the middle, one on the right, etc. Do something that changes the "text book" feel and turns it more into a poem or a short tidbit that people love to read.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:44 pm
Sedec151
I love its simplicity. If you were to elaborate on it anymore you would ruin it. heart

Perhaps you could, however, place the sentences on different parts of the page. For example: one sentence or word on the far left, a few in the middle, one on the right, etc. Do something that changes the "text book" feel and turns it more into a poem or a short tidbit that people love to read.

I could also turn it into a flower, but I'm afraid the posting style in gaia won't allow me to do so.

I could make it into a tulip, working the words so that the first paragraph becomes it's pedals and leaves and the next paragraph stems into the ground, but not bellow it, for this passage takes on the role of the leaves and the pedals, not the roots underneath.  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff