Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Favorite bible quotes. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:01 pm
CaprinaePsi
Haha, that's funny.

The Bible Literally! is a pretty cool web comic. The guy takes quotes from the Bible, and draws a one-shot comic for each. Below each comic is an analysis of the quote itself.

I needed a good laugh. Thanks for the link.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:01 pm
:3 Try Psalms 14 and Psalms 53, tell me what you think of those two chapeters.  

LabTech Deusy

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 pm
Deus Vivit
:3 Try Psalms 14 and Psalms 53, tell me what you think of those two chapeters.

Matthew 5:22 says, "Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." Thought that was pretty amusing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm
.: [ Thanks for the link. I found that thoroughly amusing. You know, I've always found it interesting that people will tell you how great the bible is and quote verses from yet...yet they never seem to quote the ones that involve slavery/sexism, etc...If the bible is so great....why don't they consider those verses great too? >>

My favorite one has to be...This One From the very beginning..there were problems with the omnipotent God theory...
] :.

Pheranya

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:11 pm
Got some more!

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.

Numbers 15:32-36

This is a peaceful buddhist community? GET THE ******** ROCKS.

and when the LORD your God has delivered them [enemies in war] over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. [a] Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

2 Kings 2:23-24

God is a hawk.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Leviticus 20:9-10;

Abstenence is really important.

34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:11-13

Quiet dear! The crazy ******** is talking.

Click here  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:05 pm
Koravin
Wow, those make me cry. The first two I'd seen, but the last two... wow. One of my favorites is 'thou shalt not suffer a witch to live,' because I'm a witch. Don't worry, I'm still an atheist, I just practice witchcraft as a way of meditation, for it's psychological benefits.

Yes, I like Wicca and such for those purposes too. Like grounding and centering.  

Sagara-kun-Blue

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:35 am
In response to the 'Stalin may not have been atheist' thing: The writer of that article does not know their history... or their Stalin. Stalin joined the RSDRP long before the Bolsheviks had taken state power, long before the Tsar had abdicated. He was an atheist, and joined an organisation of militant atheists to overthrow the state power in a country where being non-Russian Orthodox resulted in lack of career options, increased gaol sentences... Pretty much picture a black muslim woman in the US.
He was an atheist. Claiming he was not an atheist in order to deflect blame from his actions is falsifying history. The fact is that he was an atheist, and he did really bad s**t. And yes, some of those people were killed, if not because they were not atheist, at the very least because their religiousness pointed them in the direction of counter-revolution.

Apart from that, there was the whole dechristianisation thing in the Great French Revolution. People were killed for being priests, for being known as devout catholics, &c.

That person falsifies history so that they can feel all warm and fuzzy inside about how good it is to be atheist.
They are wrong. Atheism is better only because it is true.
[/rant]

Faviourite passages: Mathew 10:34, Luke 12:49-, 19:27- and 22:35-
Seriously, check them out: Jesus was badass! He was way cooler than the Christians give him credit for.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff