Submit

How's the art?
  I like it!
  It's Okay
  I don't like it.
View Results

Garkudion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:39 pm
I haven't posted in a really long time! ARG> I've been working so hard for an art scholarship to college that I forgot to update ><.

THANKS for all of your comments! I kind of abandoned the above picture because of the numerous anatomical errors and because of the flat coloring and the fail castle in the background :S. However! Here's some new work for critique :3:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Hopefully I've gotten a bit better...I've got a few n***s but I'm pretty sure I can't post them, haha!

If you'd like to critique some of my other work, you can head on over to my DA.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:25 am
ooh thats awsome!!  

Azure_Sky96

AkiraBirtron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:52 am
I LIVE!!! Prepare yourself!

Someone has been playing WAY too much Castlevania... >_>;;

The composition is quite nice, but I think way too much attention is gathered at the hands where they are, especially in the first one. Was this intentional? Just because you make the skin tones so bright on the palms of his hands, it causes the eye to make his extremely blocky right hand the focal point rather than the face.

Did I mention that the faces that you are doing here all look VERY similar, even though I can tell simply by the ear difference? The two center pictures done in grayscale with a fine shading, if I do say so myself. are two pieces which are probably part of the same series of drawings given their nature. Now, I would like to say that sword on the first one's back looks really off (if you are trying to go for more of a realistic approach, which is something I bet you are doing) simply because the handle isn't long enough. It makes much more sense to have some lee-way on the hilt rather than having just barely enough on a fat handle to wield a short sword.

Okay, I know that on the third picture you want him to be casting magic, but when you put the faint circles around his hands, they don't glow. Given how you were shading here, (by the way, it would have been much better if you would have shaded in one direction rather than going in the opposite direction in the corners, given how your style doesn't really stretch the crosshatching much at all, it's really soft) it would have been much better if you erased around his hands a bit, dab the eraser around his hands to give them a faint glow.

Belts look like they're plastered onto a flat frame, which is highly contrary to what you portray here with all that shading. Those are some REALLY low cut pants *giggle*. Those.... those necks.... they're huge! Extremely defined! And... because they're so defined, it shows just... just how LONG they are.

"I am Father Earth, spirit of the earth, I have yellow skin, roots for hair, and an extremely flexible neck which allows it to not to break when I let it do so. Also, my wrists are stubby and almost as round as my neck."

Oooh... last one is nice. I know that's steam pouring out of its head, but, it reminds me of the "Cynthia" doll from Rugrats. Anyway, best ones are first and last. Great concepts on both, but one of them is incomplete. By the way, nude is allowed on this board, the differences is, you can't post up pics directly, rather you should have links.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:17 pm
Lol! XD Woah! Such detail! Lightness of eastern art, details paid much attention to and lineart so western. Unique blend of art you got there! ^_^ I never had the patience to do something like that. let alone a simple sketch on notepad.

Sadly though I'm not able to comment much, since my views are somewhat limited to manga-anime fields. Lol. T____T
O___________O

Kudos to you, aniki!  

Keiseki-san

Enigmatic Shapeshifter

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out