Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
so yeah...never posted a topic here before...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

walk like thunder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:08 pm
Hmm ok well I'm not one for sharing things over the 'ol interweb, but can you people tell me...is it possible for a person to change?
Ok so to make a long story relatively short - I hate my father. Despise him for every crappy thing he did to ruin my childhood and give me a lifetime supply of painful memories.
I don't see him, I don't take his birthday cards, his christmas presents, because I hate him! I've suppressed the part of me that was the 5 year old Daddys girl, because I can't bear to feel anything positive for the man.
But he's applied for custody of myself and my two brothers, and it's likely he'll get it. He claims he's "changed", a better man, blah-de-friggin-blah. But is that actually possible? Do bouts of therapy and medication combine to make a better person? I don't think so, but that's what all the adults around me say.
Any opinions here? I'll also take advice if anyone's offerin'...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:10 pm
Usually if you tell someone what they've done wrong or how they have hurt you and they honestly love you then they will change.
I had problems with my dad as well but after years I ended up talking to him about how I felt (I didnt like him either) he turned around and tries to be better. Hes not a very social person but he tries more than he used to.
Give him a chance because as long as you know you did EVERY thing you could thats all that really matters.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

walk like thunder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:27 pm
Yeah, I've considered that I wouldn't want to regret cutting him out of my life.
But I don't even know if he realises he was in the wrong...he's done things he could go to jail for, yet he tries to swing it onto other people..I dunno I could ramble a lot on this topic, cause I honestly never ever speak about it, and maybe thats why it's so darn confusing to me. Cause I know one person can't be completely good or bad, but the stuff he's done, to me, is unforgivable, but all those bloody social workers are telling me I'm being judgemental. I despise social workers.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:02 pm
Like I said, talk to him.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

walk like thunder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:06 pm
Yeah ok...thank you m'dear...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:18 am

Go to counseling. Whether it helps in that situation or not, it at least helps in life overall.
Talk to him. As much as you'll hate to.
Same situation, only my father already had primary custody.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

walk like thunder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:31 am
Thanks...I prefer advice from people that have kinda been through the situation already, it's more valuable and reliable!
And I've been to counselling with 3 different people,...they treated me like a child and I ended up just keeping my mouth shut for the hour and not going back..I'm not one for talking in person.  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games