Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Shut up! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This could totally be
  a say anything song
View Results

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:27 pm
People are all bad in their own respect; no one's perfect. Yet everyone is good in their own respect too.

I don't feel like a good person right now, though....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:07 pm
KirbyVictorious
People are all bad in their own respect; no one's perfect. Yet everyone is good in their own respect too.

i can agree with that. on all points.  

in the flicker.

Elf of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:13 pm
I had a really long post, but then I read it again. And again, and again. So this is what is left: Nothing burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:59 pm
in the flicker.
NovaKing
in the flicker.
wow, Kirby. this is pretty impressive.

this started out really nicely, like slam poetry, but i think you got carried away and the flow fell out somewhere along the way.

passion does such things.

maybe it's pessimistic, but i think as a whole...it's true. i like to believe that people are basically good, but most of them just aren't. it's sad, really, but it's the truth.

this is, however, propaganda. there is no absolute, no black or white. this is black and only black, and thus, propaganda. that's how it goes.

i liked it....kind of. as much as i can like something like this.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

- Shakespeare

Humans are frightened; thats the only simple thing about them. I have not yet seen nature produce something that isn't.

[We are all with that curse.]

[Disdain fury and have pity on others, and it might catch on. Maybe then humanity will allow for a time when, at the very least, we need not fear each other.] <---- General Statement not directed at anyone in particular.

not only do i not agree with your shakespeare quote, I also feel the need to add that i feel he's probably the most over-blown writer out there. i'm not saying his works aren't good--they are--but some people seem to think he's got the word of God in his works or something, and it's just not there.

it's a nice quote, it's just wrong in my experience. most people are not nice, not compassionate toward anyone but themselves, and they lie about it. we all have these moments, some more than others.

take me, for example, i am not a nice person, but i do what i say, and i speak my perceptions. most of the time i follow the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" and, thus, if someone is offended by what i say, it's not entirely my fault. i like myself. when push comes to shove, i pull through for people. if someone needs something, i will tend to go out of my way, which, unfortunately, gives me the false impression that most people would do the same.

some will, most won't.

Shakespeare's quote was not implying anything counter to what you just wrote.

Furthermore, we do not all share the same, nor very similar, perceptions to all of our fellows. It's a big world, and there are bound to be people who think alike, but not all of them do. People are different, there's no getting around it. No one human shares all the traits of another, and whats more, no one human experiences the exact same thing as another. The result is a giant mix of different individuals, all with a combination of different prefferences, thoughts, and in some cases ideas.

What shakespeare was trying to tell you was that, in truth, words are just words. There is no deffinition that can describe all the things you consider bad in this world, and there is neither one that can describe what you consider to be good. The only way to determine that, is to think about it, and consider your own feelings on each of the matters.

thus the statement: "There is nothing either good or bad; but thinking makes it so."

"Good" and "Bad" are just words, its your feelings and thoughts about them that give those words weight in your mind.

[Also, being nice is more chalenging. Being sour and bitter is far too easy.][-shrug-]  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:07 pm
KirbyVictorious

Try not to be so down kribs, you are wonderful and talented person. People can be capricious and foolish, but things do get better down the road.

I have little doubt about your capabilities, and I assure you.....they're infinite.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff