Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
December Contest- WINNERS- -READ 1ST POST Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

don't you just love contests
yea!!!
100%
 100%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 20

GGN Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:32 pm
Aerin Turner

quite a jolly avatar you got there  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:01 pm
TekTek.
I tried to make it a bit of an angel too.

User Image
Total Value: 1,085,403 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Bleach Glamrock Sleeveless Top
Holly Jolly Socks
Enchanted Strings
Angelic Gloves
Angelic Headband
Glacier Avalanche Pants
Winged Anklets
Jolly Hat
Holly Jolly Poinsettia Earmuffs
Santa Baby Coat  

Yakun Blue

-part time ninja-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:08 am
Me!

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:55 am
-part time ninja-
Me!

User Image

Is that the look you want for Christmas or one you'd like?

c'est tres manifique!

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Tesunie

15,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:53 am
For the fun if it, Sorry if this one has been done:
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:41 am
PL will be needing right up until the dead line!  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:17 am
Just a few more days everyone ^_^ Get those entries in!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:45 am
heart  

-part time ninja-

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:48 am
Uhhh ... I'll have to submit chapter one - not fully checked and complete - tomorrow at 8:00 ish PM.

sweatdrop

This is what you get if you link a contest to your first serious fic in months!

PL  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Fic -
Note: Please forgive how long this is.
The characters are from FF IX, I don't own them in any real way but the suicide attempt mentioned is a device I used in my last story with the characters (Last xmas, what a cheery soul I am!)
Image - tektek'd - of Zidane with a scarf at the end.
PL

~~~
The Genome had realised shortly after Sarah's announcement that the coming Yule would be difficult for his best friend to deal with; he had - with some trepidation – agree that Vivi could travel with Tantalus in the next year but he was very keen on keeping him close at Yule. Zidane had once read some years before that people were more likely to commit suicide in the lonely time around about Yule then at any other time of the year and Vivi’s all too recent attempt on his own life was fresh in the young Genome’s mind. So, Zidane had tried his level best to ensure that Vivi’s attention was focused on something real and solid, namely the preparations for the big Yule party that would take place in the main square of the city; Zidane had wanted to arrange something like this for years but had never got around to doing the massive organisation such an event required.

It hadn’t taken much for him to realise that his best friend would quickly slip back into more depressing thoughts if he was not given something to do with his time and Zidane had soon motivated himself to start the preparations for the big event. Hiding such huge planning from Vivi had not been easy but Zidane didn’t want the mage disappointed should his planning fail to get beyond its initial stages as his plans so often did since he’d started living with Garnet.

Thankfully, this little plan had reached fruition and Zidane was ready to let his best friend take over elements of it; truth be told he was looking forwards to giving the responsibility of organising something so huge to someone like Vivi who’d do a better job with it. That and he wanted to see what the thirteen year old would do with the event; Garnet seemed as anxious as Zidane to see if Vivi would even accept such a challenge in the first place.

Zidane made his way through the castle gardens to the knights training room in which he had recently reintroduced Vivi to his magic; the young mage now seemed paranoid that his abilities would vanish if he failed to cast at least three times a week. For a change, the training room was busy as Steiner ran practices with his knights; Vivi stood to one side, waiting for the target to clear so he could cast.

“Since we happen to have Gaia’s foremost magic caster present, I think now would be a fitting time to consider our magical resistance,” Steiner was saying as Zidane watched from the doorway. “Master Vivi, please cast Fire on me to show how a knight deals with magic,” Zidane rolled his eyes, he was sure Steiner would be much easier to like if it wasn’t for the false bravado he insisted on sporting at all times.

“I – I don’t … think that’s a good idea,” Vivi stammered in a small voice, looking down at his hands for a long time.

“Come now Master Vivi, a weak spell like Fire won’t hurt me at all!”

Zidane winced slightly; he knew that Vivi’s magic was getting stronger and stronger as he got older, so now even a low level spell like fire could do considerable damage. It was getting to the point now where Zidane was starting to worry about what would happen if Vivi were to cast something stronger like Flare - a spell that had done considerable damage four years before – when Fire alone was strong enough to incinerate a training dummy.

“I – I … really don’t think …”

The knight Captain of the Knight of Pluto brandished his sword, “Master Vivi, I am the Queens knight, defender of the Alexandrian royal family, I can tolerate a mere fire spell.”

The word mere seemed to do it, Zidane knew now that Vivi was getting to the age where mere caused him a great deal of offense; the mages stance changed, his small shoulders set as he moved to cast the spell. The Genome was only now coming to understand the complexity of magic casting, he’d always assumed in the past that it was just point at the target and the spell was cast but over the recent months Vivi had explained it to him better.

Spell words crashed in around Vivi as the young teenager selected the spell he wanted; as always the bass tones of Doomsday demanded attention and as per usual the dangerous spell was ignored. Hiding under the vast chorus of voices were Fire, Blizzard and Thunder, his ‘younger’ spells and Vivi coaxed Fire from her hiding place. Muttering some arcane words under his breath, Vivi seemed unperturbed by the spell circle that surrounded him, bathing his young form in an orange glow.

Zidane decided not to look as the raw power of fire hurtled towards Steiner but he heard the clatter of armour striking the far wall and the surprised shouts of the remaining knights of Pluto. When the Genome finally decided to look up again, Steiner was slumped against the wall, Vivi at his side checking if he was okay, “It’s his own fault for not listening to you,” Zidane threw in from where he stood by the door. “You did warn him that it wasn’t a good idea,”

The ‘king’ winced at the snapped salutes, he hated that formality but Vivi mimicking the action prompted a small smile to crease his lips; he wasn’t sure if his teenaged friend was doing it sarcastically or not but he always liked to entertain the idea that this was a slight tease on Vivi’s behalf. “Can I borrow you for the rest of the day Vivi?”

“Sure …” There was a dubious infliction to the words that Zidane wasn’t entirely used to from the formally good natured Mage; it was true that their friendship had suffered thanks to Vivi’s mind set some months before and Zidane was still trying to come to terms with this new ‘teenaged’ Vivi.

The two were soon outside in the freezing air; it pricked callously at Zidane’s bare arms in a way that made him shiver, maybe his lovely wife had been right when she had recommended a change of clothes during the winter. Vivi seemed unperturbed by the weather but Zidane knew the coat his friend wore was fairly snug, least of all because the mage had recently grown a little and the coat wasn’t quite big enough any more. “Vivi, I need your help,”

“What else is new?” Vivi teased with a smile to his manner that Zidane didn’t miss; he had to admit that he liked this more rebellious side of Vivi sometimes, it was a lot more fun to speak to him when he wasn’t sure what the mage was going to say next.

“You’re helping me organise the party in the square,” Zidane announced as he walked, “You can do all the back stage stuff and I’ll do the showmanship on the day, how’s that sound.”

Big yellow oval blinked a few times, Zidane swore there were still times when Vivi’s eyes seemed a bit duller then usual but they were only very brief in comparison to a few months before. “I – I’ve never done anything like that before …” Vivi said uncertainly, looking at his hands for a long time. “I – I can help … but I can’t do it alone.”

Mentally, Zidane took a step back; Vivi had really only recovered a few months before and the mage was doing amazingly well but Zidane had the sudden realisation that maybe he was pushing Vivi to do too much this time. “Sure, we’ll do it together,” He beamed widely, steering Vivi towards the castle and a lengthy discussion about what he had managed to do so far.

~*~*~

Some weeks later

~*~*~

Alexandria was atwitter with bustling crowd, Zidane stood looking out of the upstairs window down onto the main square with a stupid grin on his face; it had all just worked out so well. In the end, Zidane himself had ended up doing very little, which suited him just fine; it probably helped things that he had been doing whichever little tasks he had deliberately badly so that Vivi would feel the need to take over.

Of course, now Zidane had to take over; his teenaged friend had managed to catch a nasty cold but since most of the work was already done it really was just a matter of making sure everything was in place. He concluded – as he walked down the stairs of the inn – that Vivi simply had rotten luck, he had put all the time and effort into arranging things, yet when everything was in place he was sick in bed. The Genome pushed open the inn’s door to a cacophony of cheering; the people were there from all walks of life - from impoverished urchins to rich old spinsters - to enjoy the celebration.

‘I’ve got to give Vivi credit,’ Zidane thought as he waved at random people on his way to the middle of the square, ‘He knows how to appeal to everyone, tell the poor they can rub shoulders with the rich and the rich that they can do a little charity and they’ll sit next to each other, equals for a day.’

‘Dagger should hire him as head of public relations …’

Upon reaching the podium he held out his hands for silence, it took a while for the gathering to quieten but soon Zidane was the centre of attention; he was still getting used to the reverential hush people held for the Alexandrian monarchy and it still really unsettled him when people looking to him as some kind of saviour. To Zidane – and in fact to the other – he was still just the loveable rouge he had always been; he was sure that in Freya’s eyes he was still the same harmless flirt he had always been too.

After a short speech about the value of the Yule season, Zidane moved to join in the festivities with Queen Garnet and the new princess of Alexandria, vowing that he would later spend some time with Vivi.

~*~*~

Slender shoulders moved in a cough as Vivi stood looking out of the window; sadly, he couldn’t see the main town square from the window but he knew exactly what was going on down there. He wasn’t quite as sick as he had told Zidane but the Genome had believed him incapable of getting out of bed and that suited Vivi just fine; he’d decided not to change into his usual clothing but wore the jacket over his shoulders to keep in the warmth.

Of course, had Zidane been paying real attention to him over the years he would have realised that Vivi had never been so sick with cold that he needed to take time out; Vivi had been rather counting on this oversight on Zidane’s behalf and was not disappointed. So he stood by the window watching the snow flutter lazily down, there was not even that much of a breeze to change the course of the flakes; the view outside his window was barren, the soil devoid of any real life thanks to its coating of snow.

Yule itself was the next day and Vivi was trying to prepare himself for it; he’d never had a Yule without family before and the realisation that this year would be different was painful to him. He knew that Zidane would end up spending most of the day with him out of concern for his mental health but he didn’t want to steal the Genome away from his new baby at such a key time. He had honestly thought about going away for Yule but he knew full well the concern it would cause his friends to feel, the worry that would make them unable to enjoy their own festive spirit to the full degree.

He moved to his journal, its pages mostly filled with the bland flavourless language he had found solace in when he had first decided to live his life again and he sat down at the desk to write.

His inked quill touched the page as he wrote the entry number; this done he stared at the near enough blank sheet for a long time before choosing to write the first line with his eyes closed.

‘Last night was one of my worst, I know I promised myself that I’d never slip again but it happened.’

Slowly the large yellow eyes opened but Vivi didn’t read his own words, instead he continued to write.

‘I had to make it stop hurting, so I cut my arm; I just wanted the pain to go away. I made so many promises to the boys, told them all the fun things we could do this year and I never got to keep my promises.’

‘I needed to stop what I was thinking, so I cut my arm; it’s hard to explain why but I think it was to stop how angry and upset I felt. It worked; I couldn’t believe what I’d done so I sat there and stared at the blood trickling down my arm.’

‘I never want to feel that again! I never want to have to feel the guilt I felt for having fallen so far that I had to cut myself again; I feel so ashamed of these scars, of the … pain it shows to everyone else because so many other people go through so much more in their lives and don’t end up cutting themselves.’

‘Ellisa once told me that she met a boy who wore his scars like medals, he wasn’t afraid to show them off to anyone who wanted to see them and wore them like a mark of pride. I felt ashamed, not so much for myself but for that boy who felt he had to do those things to get attention.’

‘That was never what it was about for me, I’ve never cared if people notice me or not.’

He finished the entry, still not reading it back he closed the rather battered journal and moved from the desk; he knew he’d have to check the cut on his arm because he wasn’t all that sure how clean what he’d created it with was but he didn’t even want to see it. It was on uncertain feet that he moved to the small bathroom in his room, pulling the thick fabric of his coat up passed his elbow so he could see the wound; with clinical precision he undressed, checked, bathed and redressed the neat cut before moving back into the main part of his room.

~*~*~

User Image  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:11 pm
the event is now closed... I will judge and due to the amount of entries, I will be awarding the prizes. 3 prizes to be exact!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:55 am
Great job everyone heart  

churrlo

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out