Submit

quacamole?
  whack-a-mole?
  EHH! SIESTA!!
  arrr give me golddd
View Results

Chiida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 pm
Alright. SO this is quite simple, i'm looking for honest critiques about my art work. I'll add more as i go. but for now i'll just have the one. I'd prefer if you refrained form just saying. "Oh. It's good." or " awesome" because although it makes me happy. i don't know exactly what is good about it. or .. not so good. lol Elaborate! ninja

Number 1: Xemnas

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:29 pm
I think it's pretty good. The face is well proportioned, although maybe a bit long and thin. That seems to be a popular style nowadays, and there's absolutely no problem with it, I just have a thing for rounder faces. The shading is good, and I like the facial expression. There really isn't anything I can point out that needs work, so just post more!  

Momo Shimizu

Chiida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 pm
thanks ^_^ . in truth. This is out of my medium. Not Usually the style i use. But I really admire some of the work done like that, and wanted to give it a try. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:21 am
I agree with Momo. There's not too much wrong with this drawing.  

The_Time_Cat

Chiida

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:15 am
thank you. i appreciate that very much 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:39 pm
Hmm, your idea of anatomical face proportions is fine and I like how you indicated the eye-lid area of the drawing. I don't really see much to critique except that the eye which is partially cut off is slightly unaligned in comparison to the eye on the left. Anyhoo, great work in general!  

GB_Lady

Dark Bunny Lord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 pm
User Image

Not really alot to pick off here. Only thing I guess I could say would be to get some more variance in tones here and there so that it doesn't look so faded, unless thats what you where going for of course.
Anyways, nice work, a bit sketchy but thats a good thing, really adds to the style.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:45 pm
hah thanks. I still have quite a bit more practice to go before i cna get rid of the sketchy look. clean lines are a bit of a problem for me. And i agree with you on the faded. It wasn't meant to look that way, and i've been told i should be adding darker shadows and lighter highlights sweatdrop so i will xd
thank you for your opinion 3nodding  

Chiida

~+Lucine-Light+~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:09 pm
The face is very expressive and I like the detail that went into the face. I don't really have anything to say about it, since it looks very good.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:06 am
I would say that its pretty good for the most part. What you could improve on is the length of the face is a little bit to long and the chin should either come to a point or flatten out a little bit at the bottom his chin is very round. Not saying that it looks bad just saying it would improve it. Another thing is you could try and add more color and/or shading. For the most part though good job! smile  

Hayami_kiri

Kandieren

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:03 pm
Hee.

He looks great. I love his expression. It's like he's saying, "I don't care. Shut up and go away."

It makes me happy.

Are you going to leave the colors at that opacity? Or are you going to work with it a little more? It's great the way it is.  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games