Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
EIN VOLK, EIN REICH, EIN FUHRER!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vwwvvww

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 pm
That was my Myspace name for two months, I received no comments. I put a blog up about the fallacies in the Bible, and I received 8 comments asking me if I needed to be saved or if I had a soul, or if I worshiped Lucifer, because no sane man would ever question the Bible. Most of these people, were people who I know closely. I took the blog down, and apologized, I need a booster or something...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:06 am
You apologized?!?! What the ********? What for?  

AnonymouZ

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:30 pm
AnonymouZ
You apologized?!?! What the ********? What for?

Seriously? What for? You don't need to apologize for you views.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:01 pm
I applaud you for posting a blog on the fallacies on the Bible, however you don't need to apologize. Those are your beliefs, not theirs and if they don't like them, they can get over it. Remember, you are entitled to believe what you want to believe and express them as you see fit (within reason), don't ever let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Sorry if that sounded harsh.  

Arios V

[Perfect Calamity]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:23 pm
I agree with Arios. You have a freedom of speech, and of religion. You can say what you want about anything, and believe in whatever you want. You didnt have to take it down, you could have said no, or something that gets the point across.

Its an interesting experiment, actually. One that im trying right now. Its only been 3 days, and im thinking after.. 2 weeks or so im going to post the blog, and then see what happens, and then compare the results to people thinking Nazism is more acceptable then Atheism or something...
mind giving me some of your examples..?

no one has complained, and they only noticed when i told them, so either no one cares about me, or people dont care about Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:46 pm
[Perfect Calamity]
I agree with Arios. You have a freedom of speech, and of religion. You can say what you want about anything, and believe in whatever you want. You didnt have to take it down, you could have said no, or something that gets the point across.

Its an interesting experiment, actually. One that im trying right now. Its only been 3 days, and im thinking after.. 2 weeks or so im going to post the blog, and then see what happens, and then compare the results to people thinking Nazism is more acceptable then Atheism or something...

no one has complained, and they only noticed when i told them, so either no one cares about me, or people dont care about Hitler.

Please post your findings. I'm quite interested in seeing the results of your experiment.  

Arios V

[Perfect Calamity]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:42 pm
Arios V
[Perfect Calamity]

Please post your findings. I'm quite interested in seeing the results of your experiment.

will do.
two of my most christian friends didnt actually know what it meant untill i translated it/gave them the background, so im possibly going to post a bulliten saying what it means and where it comes from and see if that changes anything..
or us this as a control and make another mule one for the bulliten to compare findings..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:47 am
iont think u need to apologies for something u are/ belive when something like this happens you just say "to ******** with them all"  

Awensis

sugarwing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:53 am
Post your experiments in a german blog and you'd get the opposite O_oa
As far as I can observe here,
a) people would not dare to compare Nazis with Religion
b) only the retarded villagers hidden deep within Bavaria would think Nazism is better (in Eastern Germany anyway, lol pirate )

Hence, I kinda envy you guys being able to go to such extremes. I would really recommend to post a translation and explain that it is a slogan during the 3rd Reich. I believe if people read it, they'd go nuts with writing comments. I think most people just have too little connection to history to expect them to know what it means.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:43 am
They ask you if you worshipped Lucifer. You should have said. "No, I don't. He doesn't exist either."  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

[Perfect Calamity]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:30 am
sugarwing

Hence, I kinda envy you guys being able to go to such extremes. I would really recommend to post a translation and explain that it is a slogan during the 3rd Reich. I believe if people read it, they'd go nuts with writing comments. I think most people just have too little connection to history to expect them to know what it means.

Thats actually what i did when i tried. i pretty much posted a bulliten saying "ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer means [insert translation here] and its what hitler said to his nazis."
i posted that once every couple of days, no one cared, so i went on with my blog.
i posted the blog, and i didnt get any comments about it. untill my uber christian friend saw it, and he flipped.

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games