Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Ep. 1--Puppetry

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oooh.
  Ooooooooh.
View Results

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:50 pm
The Grand Master plans His every move with the dexterous mind of a chess player. Everything He does, He does with the Plan in mind. The Plan of a perfect world. He is unmerciful; anyone who interferes with the Plan is erased from it. Yet He is kind--His works are of beauty and balance, as constant as the steady flow of time.

Some say that He has a single foil--an escaped puppet who severed its strings and now lays below the stage, delighting in spiting his Master by tripping His light-footed minions. The rebel causes all the strife and trouble in the world--death, pain, hatred, anger, sorrow.

This is not so. No being has power over the Grand Master. Everything He does, He does with care. He has almost infinite hands, two for each puppet--one with its multiple adroit fingers to control the strings, and one to, when the puppet is in need, carefully pull it up, give it a new coat of paint or new hair or new clothes, gently caress it with comfort and confidence, and lower it gently back down. Everything is perfectly planned, a dance in which no step is missed. All is in the Plan.

For instance. A young girl who has done no wrong dies in an accident. The Grand Master sees as He slowly draws the puppet up for the last time. The parents wil sorrow for the child and eventually adopt a new one from lonliness--a girl from Iowa with parents who never loved her, searching for the ones who will. The new girl will be taught never to run out into the street, and the parents will know that she cannot be left alone so often. The cause of the accident, a young man behind the wheel, will go to prison, in which he learns several lessons that will make him a better man when he is released. He will change many lives.

And: a man suffers and is tortured for his beliefs. Three bullets in his arm, sixteen in his legs, five in his chest, one in his head, and still he has not died. They kick him, beat him, mock him, shoot him, watching his pain with amused hatred. He does not give up; they shoot out his heart. The sounds of bullets alert nearby citizens, and the police give chase and catch the criminals. They were dangerous, but now they are behind bars. Simultaneously, the story spreads around the world about the man who never gave up. Determination sweeps through the followers. He is a saint in their hearts.

No one suffers needlessly. Every doubt, every fear, every pain is all but a pawn in the Grand Master's Plan.

But sometimes, the power of a piece is underestimated; sometimes it is not cared for enough, is neglected ever so slightly, and eventually, it breaks free of its strings. If gone unnoticed, the puppet will be free of the Grand Master's control and be allowed to roam freely among the other dancing puppets, now a distant observer in the game instead of a player.

This does not happen often. And to those who do.... As stated before, anyone that interferes with the Grand Master's Plan is removed from it.

Nothing is more dangerous than a renegade in a world of sheep.

(to be continued. Maybe.)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:24 am
This would make an excellent introduction to some sort of action/philosophy novel. 3nodding  

Sors II

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:10 pm
or both wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:55 pm
Indeed.

DO IT!

Sors

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:00 pm
One award-winning novel at a time, chica. Temperance is a virtue you know.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 pm
Wow. Kirby, I demand you to continue this. I'm severely intrigued.

And if you're talking about Ametris, then that's ridiculous. Kirby, that thing has enough bulk to rival the dictionary. If you don't break it down into separate books, you'll drive your readers insane.  

BlackHawkGS

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:02 pm
I read that as "Temperature is virture, you know." rofl

I just couldn't understand. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:29 pm
Hawk, I DID break up Ametris into seperate novels. Seven where there once were three. And it's still gonna be 600, 700 pages long. Let's just face it, I'm long-winded.

Reesey, you are so funny. ^^ And they named candy after you.  

KirbyVictorious

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:04 pm
Of course that's the reason it's called Reese's. whee

I love imagery of the marionette and how you tied it into the world. Continue or die. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:52 pm
But it won't be as kickass if I finish....  

KirbyVictorious

UsakoTenshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:09 am
Nice peice of writting Kirby. Makes me curious...

<=O I agree, with the others. It would be an great introduction! Finish it and I'll give you HUGS of COOKIES OF DOOM~! >w< And it'll make me want to dance.

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games