Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Christmas in school Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deaths asistant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:25 am
for me its not that big of deal mainly cause I just dont care... plus u can always say your gonna go and they cant do any thing un less you did somthin bad in class. Now for me the only religon I hate is religons based on fear and those that have the most people trying to convert us.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:59 pm
Ctrl-Alt-Explode
[Perfect Calamity]
Meirelle
[Perfect Calamity]
We havnt had anything like that at our school.. no christmas field trips.
actually, my last field trip was in fourth grade..

Everytime any of my teachers say anything like "christmas tree" or "christmas time" im always the first [and only] one in the room to yell "HOLIDAY tree" or "HOLIDAY season"
User Image

See, I think that's a little ridiculous. It's not a "holiday tree." It's a ******** Christmas tree. I don't care what the hell religion you are. It's a Christmas tree!

but if its not such a big deal why did K-Mart [or walmart.. i forget which..] get sued for saying "merry christmas" instead of "happy holidays"?
appanrelty its a big enough deal for some, but not for others.
They got criticism for saying merry Christmas, and I agree that you should say happy holidays, but I don't think anyone has ever been offended by the term Christmas tree... I have about 3 atheist friends, a few Jewish friends and a Muslim friend, and not once have any of them said that Christmas tree is offensively, but they have said that happy holidays is more appropriate.

its not exactly offensive, its just most people just automaticaly assume that everyone in the classroom is christian, and sometimes its fun to let them know there isnt one.

[Perfect Calamity]

Throwaway243

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:17 pm
[Perfect Calamity]
Ctrl-Alt-Explode
[Perfect Calamity]
Meirelle
[Perfect Calamity]
We havnt had anything like that at our school.. no christmas field trips.
actually, my last field trip was in fourth grade..

Everytime any of my teachers say anything like "christmas tree" or "christmas time" im always the first [and only] one in the room to yell "HOLIDAY tree" or "HOLIDAY season"
User Image

See, I think that's a little ridiculous. It's not a "holiday tree." It's a ******** Christmas tree. I don't care what the hell religion you are. It's a Christmas tree!

but if its not such a big deal why did K-Mart [or walmart.. i forget which..] get sued for saying "merry christmas" instead of "happy holidays"?
appanrelty its a big enough deal for some, but not for others.
They got criticism for saying merry Christmas, and I agree that you should say happy holidays, but I don't think anyone has ever been offended by the term Christmas tree... I have about 3 atheist friends, a few Jewish friends and a Muslim friend, and not once have any of them said that Christmas tree is offensively, but they have said that happy holidays is more appropriate.

its not exactly offensive, its just most people just automaticaly assume that everyone in the classroom is christian, and sometimes its fun to let them know there isnt one.
Even though im an atheist, I still have a Christmas tree, and I have never once called it anything other than a Christmas tree. But a majority of people do celebrate Christmas and thats y people say Christmas tree automatically. You shouldn't say merry Christmas but you should say Christmas tree. U sound stupid if you don't and it doesnt offend anyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:05 am
We had a christmas program yesterday at my school. Yes, a CHRISTMAS one. They didnt' even try to disguise it as a "winter" program or a "holidays" program. Anyway, this one girl refused to go to it because she's a Jehovah's Witness. She hid out in the bathroom because none of the teachers would let her stay with them, and when they found her she got suspended. gonk It made me really mad... I mean people skip class in the bathrooms and are only given ISS, but this one girl avoided a crappy christmas program and she gets suspended?  

DemonicBtch

Redem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:49 am
SkeletonPhoenix

Also since your from England how is the National health care system going? I'm totally serious.

Going very nicely, but this a more than a little off topic.

I've never heard of anything like that level of discrimination over Christmas. I went to catholic schools all my life and.. it has never been a problem. No one was treated like that =/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:47 pm
Eh...At least you have the choice not to participate. We were all forced into the auditorium to watch the band play Christmas carols for an hour. And not just commercial ones. Songs like "I Saw Three Ships" and "What Child Is This?" were played. My friend got suspended for walking out when they started singing that one.  

Lethkhar

alpha male tayo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:57 pm
The Atheist Christmas Carol
Vienna Teng

Composição: Indisponível

It's the season of grace coming out of the void
Where a man is saved by a voice in the distance
It's the season of possible miracle cures
Where hope is currency and death is not the last unknown
Where time begins to fade
And age is welcome home