Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Preview 1

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:03 pm
Ketamine
The beginning

I was vomiting into a urinal; strands of crimson mixing into the fluids of my stomach as they cascaded out onto a urinal cake (also known as a "piss target") and pooled around it's slightly worn down edges. I felt like I was vomiting out my soul, my life essence pouring through the hole in my head that had blasphemed so many times that it seemed ironic that something as pure as a soul could pass through it and not be completely decimated.
The moral of the story was that mainlining Ketamine, hindering the flow of the blood circulation, was not a good idea; and injecting Drain-o was an even worse one. I was going to die within in the next two minutes, but in that time period all of my veins were going to explode and my brain was going to melt. It's a shame I didn't do this to myself. Of all the stupid things I have done in my life, this tops all; this one incident takes the cake. That damn girl, it's all her fault.

The girl in question is my sister, or technically, my adopted sister, Lucy. She ran with the drug crowd, the raver's who took ecstasy and snorted cocaine in order to find some sort of balance in their own souls all while getting their skulls blasted out with various musical sets in a sweaty room full of the onion-like odor of unwashed bodies.

-the pain oh god the pain my skin is blistering and i just want the pain to go away-
I was still vomiting, although with less conviction now, my stomach was purged of it's juices, I gagged, hacked, coughed blood out onto the white porcelain in fan shaped splotches; little pieces of my throat came with it, almost gelatinous in consistency. They clogged the drain around the edges of the urinal mint, smelling like a mixture of death and liquid plumber.

My sister was going out again for the night, out to her parties and out her boyfriend that convinced her to give handjobs for those little strips of paper that dissolved on the tip of your tongue. I followed her, a hefty piece of lead sitting in my jacket pocket. I was going to set her free tonight and kill that slimy b*****d that was pimping her.

-sweet jesus i think my spine is melting-
I could feel holes burning in my skin as the organic waste decomposer began working on the inner walls of my veins, collapsing them into semi-circular shafts and sending blood out into the connective tissue and muscles. My entire system was hemorraging and all I could do is curl into the fetal position on the blood flecked tiles and close my eyes. The Ketamine in my system was turning the rythmic beats of the rave music into pulses of light; the sound of the countless feet pounding on the pavement into thunderclaps. How could she have done this to me?

Lucy was waiting for me at the door to the warehouse, her arms crossed in front of her chest in an angry gesture. She wanted to know why I had followed her out here, she was old enough to take care of herself and that I should butt out of her life like I butted out of Mom's. I told I just wanted what was best for her, that the guy she was with was making her degrade herself to a simple whore for a hit of acid. Lucy started to cry and uncrossed her arms, beckoning towards me to give her a hug.

-god why wont they stop why wont they stop why do they keep dancing and hurting me so much-
I could see my reflection in the pool of blood drooling out of my mouth, thick black snakes seemed to be working their way through it towards my face. No, the black snakes were in my face, they were the veins of my cheeks and neck, blackened by the erosive material slowly corsing through them. My eyes in the reflection looked black, it all looked black now -ohgodmyeyeshavedissolved- black and my mind was painting mortality in a bright green across the canvas.

Preview of Ch. 1
Finish the chapter on February 3rd.
Remember to reserve your copies now!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:13 pm
eek Shocking to say the least.
Whoa. I love the way you describe what he's feeling and at the same time give such a good impression of his thoughts.
Very good.

User Image  

Sors

Voxxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:18 pm
Holy s**t, Zahmen.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:12 pm
I think I'll join everyone else on the speechless-ness.

can i has feb 3rd nao plz? xd I must see more of this.

Only real critique I have is that you didn't capitalize "I" in a few of the italicized sections. Looks like it was on-purpose, but it sort of bugged me. Otherwise, it's good.  

BlackHawkGS

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:02 pm
I looooooooooovelovelove~ The Writer. My favorite ever. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:58 pm
I simply cannot wait for more. I've been wanting to read this again ever since you 'burned' it. >w<  

Oukow

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:04 pm
Oh joy I must "squee" now.

You have brought a piece of the Writer back into the guild.
How Marvelous! I remember when this first was released.

Oh my you are getting glomped.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:23 am
I KNOW, Takky! Isn't it great?

This was one of the first things I read when I came, it was still on the front page then.  

KirbyVictorious

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff