To me, emo is about freedom of expression, but in recent years, culture and mainstream media has turned emo into a group of depressios who do nothing but complain.

Another thing about modern emos that I don't enjoy is the fact that, instead of trying to solve their problems with simple solutions, they discard all motivation and just collapse into a manifested form of annoyance wallowing in the obsolesence they think they has somehow obtained.

Keep this in mind: You can make your life better! It's not easy, but it's worth it in the end. Not to be harsh, but people normally won't give a damn about you. Learn to get motivation out of the fact that you can improve yourself. I have friends who suffer from depression, and normally it's for the sole purpose of getting all the attention focused on them. The reason I hate when people do this is because it completely distracts people from those who actuallly have problems. I'll give you an example:

My friend, who I hadn't seen for a long time commited suicide last year because he was depressed and didn't tell anybody. Something tells me if there hadn't been so many people bitching about their non-existant problems, someone wouldn've noticed. I got over it eventually not because I didn't care about him, but because I knew that obsessing over it wouldn't help. So in a few months I was back on track, although I never forgot my lost friend.

I remember that my brother was emo back when emo was actually about expression. He wrote music that didn't sound lame, he wrote poetry that wasn't about cutting or thoughts of death, and he enjoyed life through this expression. I wish we still lived in an age where emo meant emotion, not emotional trainwreck.

So I have one question to ask : WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO EMO!!!

NOTE: my apologies for putting this in life issues, I just realized my mistake XD