Tounge Piercing; questions; and such!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

` c a l c i u m

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:33 am
So I'm going to get my tounge done in a week; YAY; finally!

But I'm really worried about all the possible things that could go wrong; even though that only happens to like 1% of people that get the piercing and it's a pretty common piercing.

AND; I also have to hide it from my mother. -le sigh-

I already have quite a few piercings; so I know about taking care of them and stuff; just this one really freaks me out.

I'm going away with my boyfriend for two and a half weeks; so I should have enough time to let the swelling go down and change it into a smaller bar with a pink half bead.

and I'm planning on using the "brown" listerine; the non-alcohol stuff; no excess talking; no oral; no kissing; no milk products for ten days afterwards(I never even heard about it until my freinds mentioned it); and lots of mushy food and ice cubes!

Do you think with all the precautions that I am taking;; will something could go wrong; and do you think that changing the first bar out after 14 days is a good idea.

AND; can you successfully hide a tounge piercing?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:19 pm
You are right about most of what you have said. The milk products advice is incorrect. You can eat anything, I recommend softer and non-spicy foods for the first three days. Just make sure you are cleaning after every meal! Also, ice chips and ibuprofen or Alive are great for any excess swelling that may happen. As, far as hiding the tongue, as long as your piercer is good enough for placing the tongue far enough back, (given your web will allow it.), then it will be easy to hide.
On a side note, the tongue was a really quick and painless piercing.

apanda999

` c a l c i u m

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:45 pm
jadedxkitty999
You are right about most of what you have said. The milk products advice is incorrect. You can eat anything, I recommend softer and non-spicy foods for the first three days. Just make sure you are cleaning after every meal! Also, ice chips and ibuprofen or Alive are great for any excess swelling that may happen. As, far as hiding the tongue, as long as your piercer is good enough for placing the tongue far enough back, (given your web will allow it.), then it will be easy to hide.
On a side note, the tongue was a really quick and painless piercing.

Yeah I just wasn't quite sure about the milk products thing; I never knew about it until some of my friends mentioned it to me; and only a small percentage of the sites that I visited about aftercare mentioned it.
Haha; thanks for your advice though; me and my boyfriend are going away two days after I get it done; so hopefully the swelling will be down quite a bit so we can talk in the car; 15 hours with no talking = suckfest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:38 pm
Well, i just got my venoms done 2 days ago, and the piercer didnt say anything to me about dairy. im actually finding that drinking milk is pretty nice because its filling and easy to drink xP

and hiding it shouldnt be a problem, you can barely see mine unless i laugh really big or something.. but i dont know about changing it after 14 days, my piercer told me to wait AT LEAST 4 weeks  

.Neon Glowsticks.

8bit Girls Bravo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:18 am
Good luck with the tongue piercing!
I've rather wanted to get my tongue pierced for a long time now, but atm I'm focusing more on tattoos & stretching my ears.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games