Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Humans- Heroes or Horrors?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think on the subject?
  Humans are imperfect, but that is our greatest strength in the end.
  Humans are imperfect, deal with it. Just nature (Or god, or whatever)
  We CAN be heroes, or we can be monsters. Depends on the person.
  Humans are not monsters. When the need arises, we can bring ourselves to do the right thing. (Optimistic hippie-person)
  Humans are condemned by our primal urge to survive. In the end, we will be consumed with trying to defend ourselves, and will be swept away by the flood. (Dark, brooding emo)
View Results

Cain Telvanni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:16 pm
Right then, as someone who's read countless fantasy stories, I've always been on the border of the subject matter. Really, the question is: Are humans the heroic prince charmings and wise mages they're always made out to be, saving damsels in distress (Sexist?) from evil orcs and dragons... and s**t. Or, are they really just plagued by human nature, forced into greed, lust and hatred? Always crooked thieves and trying to survive, burdened by trying to achieve the impossible, perfection in an imperfect world?

My personal view is the latter. I find that human nature seems to be survival instinct more than anything else. If Reality is to be believed over Fairy Tales, then we must accept that people are constantly struggling for power, to try to survive, easily. I just can't buy that humans can be the heroes and saviors we want ourselves to be. Then again, I'm a pecimist.

Thoughts? (Other than my horrid spelling?)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:46 am
what you say can be true and all but im not so sure about it  

no longer vaild

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas