Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Dearest Broken Heart

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:26 pm
Just something.

~
He stood unshaking in the cold, deliberately confining himself, alone, beneath the stars. She shook him, hug him, cried on his shoulder and kissed him with more and more desperation, but he never looked at her, his eyes blank, staring, tortured by visions of the past.

"Stop it...look at me..." she pleaded, tearstains sparkling in the moonlight, "please just look at me, love...please...."

She called him every pet name, every affectionate term she knew, hoping to prove to him that she was still there, she still loved him. Nothing had any effect, until, sobbing, she hugged him and called him "Dear heart". He whirled around and stared at her with disbelieving malice, a thin veil over the dark despair.

"Heart?" he snapped. "I don't have a heart."

"You do," she cried, holding him as tightly as she could. "You have one...you do...and I--"

"Maybe," he said distractedly, his fingers white and pale, clenched over the balcony's railing. "Maybe then. Maybe when we were...." He shook her off, shaking his head. "But not anymore."

"It didn't go away," she insisted, refusing to let go. "It's there...you know it is...."

"I can't feel it anymore."

"Yes you can," she whispered, burying her face in his chest, seeking some warmth, some spark of life. "I know it hurts...but it doesn't have to...."

"Shut up," he muttered, looking away from her. "You think you can fix it, but you can't."

"I broke it," she told him, starting to cry again. "If I broke it, I can fix it too--"

"No, no--" Immediately his expression changed to softest concern, gentle compassion; for the first time he returned her embrace. "It wasn't your fault, it was mine...nothing is your fault...."

"It was! If I hadn't...if I'd just...."

He couldn't bear to hear it; he pressed her gently to him, rubbing her back to comfort and warm her. "No," he sighed. "My fault, not yours. Don't try to fix it...I deserve everything."

"No one has to hurt anymore!" she nearly screamed. "We fixed it! You're the only one...and you don't even...." She shook her head, struggling to breathe. "I never...even I never hurt as much as you! And...and everything was my fault anyway...you shouldn't have to...look at me!" she shouted at him, feeling him release her and turn away. "Why don't you ever look at me anymore?! Listen to me, It's all in your head! You can make it stop, just get over it, it was years ago--!"

"Don't yell at me," he murmured, and a spasm of pain crossed his face.

She held her breath at once, afraid to make another sound. He closed his eyes, wincing in invisible agony, suddenly breathless and deathly pale. Finally, her voice tremored, "No, love...don't...."

He couldn't hear her. He swayed and slumped against the wall, falling to the ground, eyes blank, staring, wide with shock and dull with pain. She knelt beside him, shaking him with increasing violence, screaming his name over and over, words, just words freezing and shattering in the frigid air.

"Look at me! Look at me! Please, just--!"

And finally he did--but there was nothing behind the eyes but an animal, something brutalized and tormented so much that all lucidity and sanity was gone, hidden away, unable to escape. He stared at her, chest heaving, not recognizing what he saw--seeing only more pain.

"Who...what do you...?" He backed away from her, starting and looking frantically around as his back touched the wall.

"It's me, it's me...please remember me," she begged him, reaching for him and starting to sob when he flinched away. "It's me...please, it's--"

"NO!" he shouted, throwing his arms up to hide his face. "No, no, you're not, you're not her, you're not, she's dead, she's dead...she's...."

His face contorted; ignoring her presence, he brought his knees to his chest and started to cry. The helpless, grieving sobs pained her heart, and she held him tightly and wouldn't let him go, despite his frail shudders and struggles. And she cried too, each falling tear replaced by more every second, endless and infinite; cried for the cruelty of the world, for the pain in her heart, and for the loss of the boy of years ago, kind and bright and hopeful, who she would never see again.
~

*sadness*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:32 pm
KirbyVictorious
Just something.

~
He stood unshaking in the cold, deliberately confining himself, alone, beneath the stars. She shook him, hug him, cried on his shoulder and kissed him with more and more desperation, but he never looked at her, his eyes blank, staring, tortured by visions of the past.

"Stop it...look at me..." she pleaded, tearstains sparkling in the moonlight, "please just look at me, love...please...."

She called him every pet name, every affectionate term she knew, hoping to prove to him that she was still there, she still loved him. Nothing had any effect, until, sobbing, she hugged him and called him "Dear heart". He whirled around and stared at her with disbelieving malice, a thin veil over the dark despair.

"Heart?" he snapped. "I don't have a heart."

"You do," she cried, holding him as tightly as she could. "You have one...you do...and I--"

"Maybe," he said distractedly, his fingers white and pale, clenched over the balcony's railing. "Maybe then. Maybe when we were...." He shook her off, shaking his head. "But not anymore."

"It didn't go away," she insisted, refusing to let go. "It's there...you know it is...."

"I can't feel it anymore."

"Yes you can," she whispered, burying her face in his chest, seeking some warmth, some spark of life. "I know it hurts...but it doesn't have to...."

"Shut up," he muttered, looking away from her. "You think you can fix it, but you can't."

"I broke it," she told him, starting to cry again. "If I broke it, I can fix it too--"

"No, no--" Immediately his expression changed to softest concern, gentle compassion; for the first time he returned her embrace. "It wasn't your fault, it was mine...nothing is your fault...."

"It was! If I hadn't...if I'd just...."

He couldn't bear to hear it; he pressed her gently to him, rubbing her back to comfort and warm her. "No," he sighed. "My fault, not yours. Don't try to fix it...I deserve everything."

"No one has to hurt anymore!" she nearly screamed. "We fixed it! You're the only one...and you don't even...." She shook her head, struggling to breathe. "I never...even I never hurt as much as you! And...and everything was my fault anyway...you shouldn't have to...look at me!" she shouted at him, feeling him release her and turn away. "Why don't you ever look at me anymore?! Listen to me, It's all in your head! You can make it stop, just get over it, it was years ago--!"

"Don't yell at me," he murmured, and a spasm of pain crossed his face.

She held her breath at once, afraid to make another sound. He closed his eyes, wincing in invisible agony, suddenly breathless and deathly pale. Finally, her voice tremored, "No, love...don't...."

He couldn't hear her. He swayed and slumped against the wall, falling to the ground, eyes blank, staring, wide with shock and dull with pain. She knelt beside him, shaking him with increasing violence, screaming his name over and over, words, just words freezing and shattering in the frigid air.

"Look at me! Look at me! Please, just--!"

And finally he did--but there was nothing behind the eyes but an animal, something brutalized and tormented so much that all lucidity and sanity was gone, hidden away, unable to escape. He stared at her, chest heaving, not recognizing what he saw--seeing only more pain.

"Who...what do you...?" He backed away from her, starting and looking frantically around as his back touched the wall.

"It's me, it's me...please remember me," she begged him, reaching for him and starting to sob when he flinched away. "It's me...please, it's--"

"NO!" he shouted, throwing his arms up to hide his face. "No, no, you're not, you're not her, you're not, she's dead, she's dead...she's...."

His face contorted; ignoring her presence, he brought his knees to his chest and started to cry. The helpless, grieving sobs pained her heart, and she held him tightly and wouldn't let him go, despite his frail shudders and struggles. And she cried too, each falling tear replaced by more every second, endless and infinite; cried for the cruelty of the world, for the pain in her heart, and for the loss of the boy of years ago, kind and bright and hopeful, who she would never see again.
~

*sadness*

What's with you and tenses

: P

-giggles and runs away-  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:48 pm
I would suggest writing the actual name a few times when making a character shout it to the world. It makes for a more dramatic effect that way. Otherwise that was great, keep up the good work kirbs.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:56 pm
The name would have ruined it though. I couldn't think of another one.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:37 pm
KirbyVictorious
The name would have ruined it though. I couldn't think of another one.

-shrug-

names are just words, whether they appear or not is up to you. In the end, though, the actions and perceptions you put behind the name are all that matters.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:50 am
Yup.

I am rather proud of this one. *hugs it*  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:58 pm
;~; Lovely....
I need a hug now....*goes in search of Luc*

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash