Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
To be entirely honest, I like Mitt Romney -gasp-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:08 pm
Before Christmas, I got into this heated discussion with my Religion class(I attend a Christian school) about Mitt Romney. I sorta like the guy, and it seemed that everyone eles in the room (including the teacher) hated him JUST because he was a Mormon. In my school, you are a big outcast if you aren't Republican. But me, being an opinionated hothead, brought up the fact that you should focus on his character, his politics and his views outside of religion. Then I said these fateful words, "Religion shouldn't matter." Oh noes. And a gasp filled the room as another student was quick to take away my soapbox even though I needed to explain myself further. D:< They never let me elaborate on my statement. What I had ment was that if you agree with everything Mitt Romney, or any other politician for that matter, does politically, his religion shouldn't be scoffed at.

And besides... I've never met a mean Mormon. =D

But it pissed me off. D:<

Do disquizzle:
-Mitt Romney
-Is religion what guides our votes?
-Would you agree with me or my class? =O (You's better say Me!!)

Sorry about the awful typing. It's super cold in here! -___-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:51 am
I agree, same here... I'm for Mike and Mitt, those are the two I like best!  

Mousers09

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:08 pm
Mousers09
I agree, same here... I'm for Mike and Mitt, those are the two I like best!

I'm leaning toward that same pair, even though they don't seem to be quite fond of each other. xP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:22 pm
I have a theory that whoever wins between the two will ask the other to be the VP... that would get them MAJOR votes~!

DOES RELIGION GUIDE OUR VOTES?
Well, I'd say moreso for the conservatives, but I don't find it a big deal, as long as they aren't one of the people that want Church out of everything public!

And back to my theory I think Obama or Clinton will do that too xP  

Mousers09

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:32 pm

It's unfortunate, but I do honestly believe that religion guides our voting. My Mom wanted to vote for Mitt Romney and I asked why. The first thing that came out of her mouth was that he was a Christian/Mormon. I asked what it mattered. And while she gave me a big long answer, I'm still not swayed: I don't think religion matters when you're in office unless you're still open to other religions and choices. My Mom said herself that if an atheist with extremely conservative values and a good outlook on political affairs were against a Christian that was the complete opposite, she'd vote for the Christian. Why? Because he's Christian. Look, so long as the atheist guy doesn't question MY beliefs, it shouldn't matter, right? So what should it matter if a Mormon goes into office rather than a Catholic or a Baptist or any other branch of Christianity? So I agree with you; religion SHOULDN'T matter.

I can't really discuss Mitt Romney because I'm not up-to-date with these things. xD;; I only watch whatever's on in the morning and when I walk into the living room to hang out with Mom. (Which is usually The O'Reily Factor, Hannity and Colmes, Hannity's America, or Fox and Friends, all of which are starting to piss me off because of their lack of anything newsworthy...)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm
`Monox!de

It's unfortunate, but I do honestly believe that religion guides our voting. My Mom wanted to vote for Mitt Romney and I asked why. The first thing that came out of her mouth was that he was a Christian/Mormon. I asked what it mattered. And while she gave me a big long answer, I'm still not swayed: I don't think religion matters when you're in office unless you're still open to other religions and choices. My Mom said herself that if an atheist with extremely conservative values and a good outlook on political affairs were against a Christian that was the complete opposite, she'd vote for the Christian. Why? Because he's Christian. Look, so long as the atheist guy doesn't question MY beliefs, it shouldn't matter, right? So what should it matter if a Mormon goes into office rather than a Catholic or a Baptist or any other branch of Christianity? So I agree with you; religion SHOULDN'T matter.

I can't really discuss Mitt Romney because I'm not up-to-date with these things. xD;; I only watch whatever's on in the morning and when I walk into the living room to hang out with Mom. (Which is usually The O'Reily Factor, Hannity and Colmes, Hannity's America, or Fox and Friends, all of which are starting to piss me off because of their lack of anything newsworthy...)

I dunno... I kinda like O' Reilly... but anyways, that's sad, I'm the opposite, if a aethiest had my morals against a liberal "christian" I'd vote the atheist, speaking of which, it's kind of harder for someone to claim to be christian and be really liberal!  

Mousers09

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff