Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAG-Really Awesome Guild *free contest over 1 mil in Prizes*

Back to Guilds

the ants go marching one-by-one, Hurrah! Hurrah! 

Tags: Cool, Zombies, Music, Friends, Awesome 

Reply "Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."
Holy ******** it's raining outside. [contest feedback needed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vegeta_ultimate999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 am
make the contest entry price a tad on the high side, that makes for a lot more dedicated type people to enter and people who are more likely to stay in the guild then that seem to be on regularly and are a bit more responsible with gold and such maybe then finding those that dedicate themselves to guilds more as well?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:38 am
Hmm, like what? In the previous contest we had to join the guild and be active to enter. Then we had to make threads, post, etc. The result is the 'too' random threads that end up dying without any real conversation. (One-liners only) Remember the threads like 'I love cheesecake' and something like this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11622343
And I think it's time we look back and try to make RAG better from our experience. Fix mistakes, etc. :p For a start, please clean up the main forum for us. razz So new members don't need to see all these junk lying around. And I think we should make a rule so people don't make duplicate threads. (The most popular rite now: RAG is Dying threads)

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

Annafu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:03 pm
@Lun:
lol, im so poor in comparison! xD
i usually have less than 100 gold at a time right now xD
been spending it all on a raffle :<
i have items that are worth a lot, but i dont wanna sell D:

i would invite more friends, but i dont have too many on gaia that i know well enough xD

and yes i remember the last contest :/
i think we need to have a contest aimed at the more active and dedicated members rather than recruiting new and uninterested ones

@Veg:
i would agree with upping the price.... but i myself am poor and i doubt we have that many "rich" gaians here sweatdrop

im thinking more like have a random number generator or dice roll event.
but dont allow posts that arent meaningful or dont pertain to the topic.
ie: no bumps or spam :/
sure, you can be as random and spontaneous as youd like, and you can be argumentative as the name here suggests, but not a spam and contest whore :/

@Lun:
yeah, i agree.... wayyyyy too many s**t threads :/
the thread you linked has now been deleted ;]
and i would love to clean up the main forums! ive actually been compiling for a day or two now
i will eventually clean up the whole main forum, but its 10 pages long now! D:
(i went through 2 pages for yall ;] )
i would say that i will dedicate my weekend to clean up, but i have a huge doctor appointment tomorrow, and i really dunno how things are gonna turn out :/
if i come out feeling ok and we dont need to do anything, ill try to clear another page or 2 :]

and when i say im clearing pages:
im really going through and leaving topics started by obake or some of the original rag members, or topics with links i would like to save or convos worth laughing at, but deleting all the s**t ones like the one you linked for me.
its a long process, but ill get it done eventually ;]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:17 am
It actually IS raining here, a**!  

Wanderer Ankh

Heroic Shapeshifter

19,250 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Survivor 150

Annafu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:20 pm
surprisingly enough, its raining here too o3o  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:47 am
That's because you were too lazy to clean it up before. And before you realize it, it's already 10 pages long. lol Bwahahaha.... Enjoy your time cleaning the forum. rofl jK...
Yes, make a no spam rule~! xD What about making some kind of 'dedicated members' thing?

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

Annafu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:38 pm
@Lun:
actually... xD
i didnt know what my job was when i was appointed crew member xD
i was just told to upkeep the rules :]
and those dont say that i have to clean up the threads ;]
but since ive been the only one here for lil while, i guess ill do that so that members come back to a clean forum xD
i cant make any of the rules because im only a crew member :/
i cant do anything super drastic :/
and we actually dont mind a lil spam, but it has gotten a lil out of hand :/
so... i made the spamlicious thread to hopefully help alleviate the spam everywhere else xD

and what should i do for the "dedicated" members? :/
keeping in mind that i dont have access to any of the stored gold for prizes. and i cant do anything drastic. :/
i can edit posts and delete topics... and thats about it :/  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 pm
well...holy ******** its srping outside...  

vegeta_ultimate999

"Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces