Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
The Rising of a Dead Man's Chest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 am
“This is the rising of a dead man’s chest…”

Quietly sipping my coffee, it comes to my attention that someone else has sat down at the table adjacent to me. My eyes never really leave the tome in front of me, yet peripherally I can make out basic details about this person. Young, dark hair, matching dark eyes make up the facial features of this intriguing fox.

I can tell that she is deep into her book, some fiction story by a young hotshot author who was just tasting his first bit of stardom. She seemed completely devoured by it, enthralled and engaged like I rarely saw the average idiot here. Night after night I enjoyed watching the sheep that came in here, always amazed by how simple they seemed. This one was different. I didn’t know how yet, but she was most certainly not a sheep.

“The loss that you gave me, Isn't rational for me to see, Resistance is futile, I stand here alone…”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:33 pm
ooooooh. Intriguing. But there was an unclear bit:

She seemed completely devoured by it, enthralled and engaged like I rarely saw the average idiot here.  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:22 am
I believed that to be explained by the sentance before it. The book she was reading...

where are the other comments? Tak Jak, come here!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:55 am
Well, thanks.

I meant the structure was unclear; I didn't know exaclty what it was saying. Try rearranging it, perhaps?

I'm leaving now, i feel unloved. ):  

KirbyVictorious

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:43 pm
Shoo, Kirby. Shoo.

Post more. This was too short to cut off where you did scream

But tis a good intro, nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:06 pm
Jerkfish! I thought you were looking for Gaia lovers! crying  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:22 pm
Kirby you're posts have always been loved and appreciated. Tak's are as well. I look forward to reading both of yours every time I post something new.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:23 pm
Well, I hardly do this anymore.. which is saddens me when I think about it. Anyways, lets get tot his.

Within the sentence Kirby pointed out, "She seemed completely devoured by it, enthralled and engaged like I rarely saw the average idiot here." I believe.. you are missing a word, only because the statement seems incoherent.. try adding.. "in" after "I rarely saw.." and before "..the average idiot."

It seems to make the whole sentence more clear.

What intrigued me was the metaphores of sheep. It is the same ideal as cattle, but then again.. not. Though the grammar seems a little strange in this line.. this is what I suggest.

"..watching the sheep that came in here,; always amazed by how simple they seemed."

And to be honest, the italic quotations, left me speechless. They added a whole new dimension, feel, like they stand alone.. but mean everything to the story that is to come.

Other then that, the writing is fantastic. You have always enthralled my senses with your vibrant and visual pleasing (and may I say, plausible, in my mind) words.

There you are Satanas. One comment from the infamous Tak-Jak. Sorry for making you wait.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm
As always hun it is well worth the wait. I'll definitely take the changes into consideration... I think it does flow better the way you changed it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:49 pm
Yes, feel special. No one has recieved a full blown Tak-Jak comment like that in a very long time.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:05 pm
I feel very privileged.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:08 pm
3nodding Anything for you Satanas.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:12 pm
Tak-Jak
3nodding Anything for you Satanas.

I'll have more soon. I've found a muse 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:15 pm
Can't wait. But you can't expect much from me tonight..
And I will try my best throughout the week.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:24 pm
Tak-Jak
Can't wait. But you can't expect much from me tonight..
And I will try my best throughout the week.

I work 8-6 doing construction every day. So that's why I don't write much now.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games