Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
searching for....something... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:40 pm
Oukow
After reading it twice I saw more words, but one part still gets me confused *rereads*

I like this, and the fact that it's an imp telling the story makes it sound more interesting.

I hope to see more, this gave me a little wake up call to use my brain. ^-^

The poem is supposed to give those who read it once without a close look a feeling of loss and abrubtness - because the imp never tells you the final part of the cure for procrastination, as if he only let the first bit slip, and stoped himself half way.

for those vigil enough to scour my poem for a secret tool for decoding the message, though, the rest of it becomes clear.

I'd really like to see someone find the whole message on their own so for now I'll only give you a hint; you have to look closely at the first few lines, and search for the other things that bring the beginning and ending together (though not neccessarly the beginning and ending of the poem.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 pm
ooh! The one part that was confusing me, isn't confusing me anymore...If I'm reading it correctly, I think I see the poem finished.  

Oukow

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 pm
Oukow
ooh! The one part that was confusing me, isn't confusing me anymore...If I'm reading it correctly, I think I see the poem finished.

please, enlighten us ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:32 pm
Like.... explain how to finish reading it? Or just type the words out so that they match the way you're suppose to read it? 0-0;

And...enlighten means explain right? >.>;

Oukow

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:04 pm
Oukow
Like.... explain how to finish reading it? Or just type the words out so that they match the way you're suppose to read it? 0-0;

And...enlighten means explain right? >.>;

it means to have something important become apparent to you.

can you tell me what comes after the words "all you have to do-"?

the other words are easilly noticed, but put there only to throw you off, the real trick is in those words which follow that line.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Well, um, After "all you have to-" are the words " do is " and then it's really simple to finish reading it..... =/ Well, that's how I at least see it, I dunno if that's how you're suppose to read it.... ><;  

Oukow

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:32 pm
Oukow
Well, um, After "all you have to-" are the words " do is " and then it's really simple to finish reading it..... =/ Well, that's how I at least see it, I dunno if that's how you're suppose to read it.... ><;

can you say the entire hidden section for us?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:47 pm
"All you have to do is stop and think" {also, I'm not quite sure, but it seems like this other part can also go in} "of the task at hand (which you were so humorously anxious about in the first place)"

Oukow

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 pm
Oukow
"All you have to do is stop and think" {also, I'm not quite sure, but it seems like this other part can also go in} "of the task at hand (which you were so humorously anxious about in the first place)"

Thats right!

the last bit was placed to the right side so you wouldn't notice it till you took a second look. It was designed as such to make it analogous to the way a procrastinator puts something aside until the person finally decides to complete their task.

EE cummings would be proud. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:05 pm
Yay~!
Ooh, I was wondering why it was all the way over there; that's cool how you though of that.

The first time I read it, I thought that he stopped and was procrastinating. xD;

Oukow

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 pm
Oukow
Yay~!
Ooh, I was wondering why it was all the way over there; that's cool how you though of that.

The first time I read it, I thought that he stopped and was procrastinating. xD;

No he was being mean to make it seem as though he had left out the important part, and left you on your own. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:08 pm
If you enjoyed it, EE cummings has some great ones like that, the most famous one being "grasshopper" which gives you an apparent message within an incoherent one, and hides a picture of the insect using displaced letters.  

NovaKing

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:01 pm
this is a fun little poem, but i'm not sure if "enjoy" is the right word for me, haha.

it's nice to read something different, something that makes me go "wtf" for a minute until my brain clicks on. overall, I found this particular format to be more annoying and to get in the way of the overall message. but it was incredibly well executed.

I'm procrastinating right now, actually!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:10 pm
in the flicker.
this is a fun little poem, but i'm not sure if "enjoy" is the right word for me, haha.

it's nice to read something different, something that makes me go "wtf" for a minute until my brain clicks on. overall, I found this particular format to be more annoying and to get in the way of the overall message. but it was incredibly well executed.

I'm procrastinating right now, actually!

Thanks. The original syntax is supposed to make more apparent the scrammbled words, but I suppose it all worked out fine in the end.  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces