Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Does anyone know some specifics on the Big Bang Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isaac742

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:49 pm
Sanguvixen
I don't pay much attention to Wiki. too much editing goes on in a daily basis, not all of it accurate.

Ever since I heard the Big Bang theory, I didn't like it. I've listened to the argument, and not once have I been convinced. I guess it is because I look at life, and the universe as one big expanse.

While life in any particular area might not have always existed, I think the universe has always been there. That not all things need a beginning, and not all things will have an end.

We spend so much time trying to find a beginning of the universe, but what if there was never a beginning? Is it that strange a thought?

Well you have to know alot about heavy elements and the forces. Also if the univers is expanding that means it was once so small that is was smaller that an atom. The big bang theory is just saying that dark energy spil the 4 forces apart. This allowed the universe to expand.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 pm
*We just studied this in sceince class*

Alright, so, everything in the unviverse is moving away from one another. Mainly, we notice this in galaxies because of the fact that galaxies move away from each other at incredible speeds. This has shown that the universe is EXPANDING, where everything moves away from one another. And so, if we reverse the expansion, what do we get? We get the universe coming back together, compacting into something smaller than a pork (or fork, they are VERY small things inside of the core's of atoms)

Then, all of a sudden, the pressure was released and BANG! The Big Bang happened. There is also proof of it from CBR's, or, cosmic background radiation, which further shows evidence of the Big Bang.

Hope that helped`  

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers